Have I seen the last of my s***k?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My swing is too flat & goes back too much on the inside. The other day I had a 50 yard pitch, with my ball very close to a wall, which stopped me doing my normal backswing. In order to play the shot I had to swing back very steeply and come down with an open face. The result was a perfect, crisp pitch which covered the flag.

On the next hole I had a full wedge shot. I thought I'd play this as if there was a wall behind me. This time I hit it so well it carried over the flag & onto the very back of the green. On the following hole I tried it with a six iron - another good result. Got on the 18th tee & thought "I wonder if this works with the driver" it does.

I'm sure a video of my swing wouldn't look much different but the feel is quite radical & it constantly surprises me that I can hit the ball this way. So far the dreaded hozel rocket hasn't appeared, perhaps it's just gone on holiday.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pros had me working on this for years (still can’t master it). In short from personal experience I’ve found steeper does deliver a better strike with no Sherman’s

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You know the route cause is your flat shoulder plane. Sadly I think what you’re doing may work short term, but it’s the plaster effect.
What you need to do is introduce some left side bend, however with your life experience and youth ? that may prove difficult

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
You know the route cause is your flat shoulder plane. Sadly I think what you’re doing may work short term, but it’s the plaster effect.
What you need to do is introduce some left side bend, however with your life experience and youth ? that may prove difficult
If the thought corrects his shoulder plane issue, then all is good - at least, until it continues past 'correct'. I agree though...fix the fundamental issue.

AAC

Visit site
I piped a 50 yard PW on the 1st hole of a 4BBB knockout match yesterday, it does little for the confidence but thankfully the rest of the round the wedges were pulled a little left which I can live with. Like you I now just laugh them off, they are an oddity which I have to live with :):mad::eek::rolleyes:o_O

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't pretend to understand the mechanics of a swing, but I do find that if I address the ball with the middle of the clubface slightly inside the ball, then I am far more likely to shank it, whereas if I address the ball with the middle of the clubface slightly outside the ball, I generally hit a far better shot.