Has the Lockdowns made you fatter or fitter?

Has lockdown made you fatter or fitter?

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Stayed the same

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • fitter

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • fatter

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • weighed the same but fitter

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • weighed the same but not as fit

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I'm just a moaner about everything.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sunshine

Visit site
Nice to look back at this post from 6 weeks ago
I've lost another 8kg in that time, so I'm down 19kg in 100 days (three stone)
Exercise is still not fun but sticking to it with a minimum of an hour every day despite confinement conditions meaning I can't go past the gate

At new year I couldn't jog 100m but did 5km non stop earlier this week up on our flat roof

Onwards and upwards.....

Well done, 19kg in 100 days that's good work (y)

What was your starting weight?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well done, 19kg in 100 days that's good work (y)

What was your starting weight?

Cheers, started at 102kg at new year and set a target of 9 months to lose 25kg but now hoping to do it in 6months (fingers crossed) If I make it I'll up the target a bit more but anything below the 'NHS fat for my height' will be good. None of the clothes I wore in December fit anymore, which is a good problem (except for the money I laid out for new gear at xmas etc but I'll donate them to feel better about it :giggle:)

Basically I was knackered just going up the escalator with knees that couldn't cope with 100kg and covid on the prowl so I figured I'd better get ready for a fight (I've still got more golf to play before I shuffle off)(y)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Not Fatter: Just a self congratulatory post (& to see it in writing) after I hit my initial 25kg weight loss target this morning in less than 5 months (that's 56lbs or 4 stone in old money)
It means I've gone from creeping into the clinically obese category at new year, to the top end of not even being overweight :cool: and I've dropped 2 sizes in all clothes

Yes Fitter: Got my 5km run PB time to a smidge over 33 minutes and even ran a 10km non-stop for the first time in my life this morning (although at 74 mins that time could do with some work :eek:)

With golf here still prohibited its three months since I last played, gawd knows what the changes in weight/muscle will do to my swing

A weekend of decadence planned to celebrate then start on losing another 5kg

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Made my 'big' target weight loss this morning :D

Now lost 30kg in 30 weeks (66lbs) two months ahead of my schedule. Tried picking up 30kgs for perspective on what I was carrying round, its bloomin heavy!

My golf swing has totally gone to pot since there's a lot less of the huge gut that I had to navigate my swing round! Its going to need a fair bit of range work to see what'll work now, but a good problem to have

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone with 'stayed the same' but I've had to bloody work at it just to stay the same. I have an online personal trainer I pay £15 a week for - he sets me two home workouts a week and helps me watch my nutrition via My Fitness Pal. Trying to lose weight obviously, but I count my calories all week, do the two work outs, try and go for a run at the weekend - one takeaway on a Saturday night and all of it means I can just about finish the week the same weight I started it. Really missing my football, golf and badminton/tennis that I used to do every week. Refuse to give up the one takeaway as lockdown life is miserable enough as it is.
Strangely, after lockdown ended and I cancelled the personal trainer due to not really having the time or inclination to do the workouts anymore, I did then lose some weight afterwards, I guess thanks to all the golf and tennis etc I was playing again. Got down to 12 stone 2 which was a several year low for me. Then the Euros happened, I got on the beers and went back to where I was before. :LOL:

D

Deleted member 21258

Got fatter by 1 stone 6 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been. What with sitting around alot more, working longer hours, doing less exercise, lot less golf and snacking on rubbish, its been almost only one way for me over the last year.

Fitness probably about the same, due to garden and making things.

Now on the way down, only another 1 stone 2 pounds to go, then ideally another stone afterwards :rolleyes:

Was over 15 stone at the end of lockdown, not far from tipping into the obesity bmi index :(. Story of the lockdowns for many, looking at the extra calories and booze drunk in that period that was consumed as a nation. Fitness not an issue, as fairly fit./active for an old guy.

Cant remember the exact figures I started on now, but have lost over 2.5 stone, now weighing in at 12st 7lbs on a monday morning. Going to try to keep going and ensure the weigh doesn't crept back up again.

Was on the 6 day, 1 day drw made up diet and now changed to the 5 day, 1 day, 1 day drw made up diet :oops:......5 days of about 1200-1500 calories, 1 day of bingeing which is stuffing my face that the stomach hurts from the amount consumed o_O , 1 day of semi bingeing. I get to pick the bingeing day and who doesn't love a binge:p:LOL:

D

Deleted member 21258

Now lost 30kg in 30 weeks (66lbs) two months ahead of my schedule. Tried picking up 30kgs for perspective on what I was carrying round, its bloomin heavy!

My golf swing has totally gone to pot since there's a lot less of the huge gut that I had to navigate my swing round! Its going to need a fair bit of range work to see what'll work now, but a good problem to have

Slab, thats serious good going, superb.:) Hard to imagine all that extra weight going though the legs and feet, thats heavier than a big bag of cement!

Do you have more to lose / hit your final target ?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

30Kg is MASSIVE!!!! Well done!! bloody well done,,,

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Slab, thats serious good going, superb.:) Hard to imagine all that extra weight going though the legs and feet, thats heavier than a big bag of cement!

Do you have more to lose / hit your final target ?

Cheers, it must be 25 years at least since i was this weight. I like the cement analogy, I always do my mental counting in 1kg bags of sugar and trying to lift 30 of those :LOL:
That's the final target, dropped from 16st to 11.3 but i'll shed another 2 or 3lbs to give myself some wiggle room for splurge weekends etc but I guess the really tough part is about to start (keeping it off)
It was the effect on legs/knees that was the real trigger to get started. just getting totally knackered doing mundane things & with covid creeping around I had to do something

Miller

Visit site
For sure. Back in my days of the 40" waist (and XL clothing), I used to get tired just walking up the stairs and walking up hills with the dogs. Now I'm half-running up and feeling good about it.

I weigh myself every few days and aim to stay at about 80kg (34" waist, M size tops), so if I do go out for a nice meal, I can get myself back down to 80kg in a few days. I feel I could go lower (would be nice to get rid of the remaining muffin-top), but don't really want to go through the rigmarole of selling my entire wardrobe to go down another size. I'm at a size now that I'm happy with.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Was on the 6 day, 1 day drw made up diet and now changed to the 5 day, 1 day, 1 day drw made up diet :oops:......5 days of about 1200-1500 calories, 1 day of bingeing which is stuffing my face that the stomach hurts from the amount consumed o_O , 1 day of semi bingeing. I get to pick the bingeing day and who doesn't love a binge:p:LOL:

I wondered about sticking to a planned diet but I don't think i'm organised or disciplined enough so I ended up just having lots of fruit, soup & omelets during the week with the rest of the meals just normal but around half the amount i'd usually eat, oh and no dieting at weekends to help keep sane

Miller

Visit site
I wondered about sticking to a planned diet but I don't think i'm organised or disciplined enough so I ended up just having lots of fruit, soup & omelets during the week with the rest of the meals just normal but around half the amount i'd usually eat, oh and no dieting at weekends to help keep sane

I basically cut out crisps and biscuits and other assorted snacks. I still eat them occasionally, but gone are the days when I used to sit in front of the TV and get through an entire packet of hobnobs in one sitting.

A few fasting days helped as well - I just told myself "I'm not going to eat anything today" and just did it (and made sure I ate normally the following day).

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I basically cut out crisps and biscuits and other assorted snacks. I still eat them occasionally, but gone are the days when I used to sit in front of the TV and get through an entire packet of hobnobs in one sitting.

A few fasting days helped as well - I just told myself "I'm not going to eat anything today" and just did it (and made sure I ate normally the following day).

We kinda went with still indulging on small amounts of bad stuff, just not over indulging as would normally be the case. So a big pack of crisps will last a week or two instead of being demolished during an episode of Bake Off
Some of the snacks are just mental in their calorie count its almost criminal. Never paid attention before so its all my fault. So they had to be totally cut out

D

Deleted member 21258

Chocy digestives locked out as well ? Sometimes I’ll skip lunch and eat a packet of them. That’s why they are called whole meal.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I could never do this. If I don't eat for like, 6 hours I feel feint, and sick, and end up getting a headache. My wife will tell you, I literally plan my days around my three meals (unless I slept through breakfast).