Has anyone been using clip-on insert prescription sunglasses

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I wear glasses for distance vision, and have disposable contact lenses. Generally if playing a comp or planned game I will have the contacts in, but if grabbing 9 holes or short notice I will play in glasses. During the hot summer I started to notice feeling uncomfortable with the light at times (age I guess). Did sometime pop some cheapy sunnies on the trolley and would pop them on while walking when remembering.

Having recently trashed my glasses I have been going around the options. Did consider transforms/re-actalites but have just gone for normal lenses. Did try on some prescription sunglasses and was impressed with what they can do these days with the various styles.

Digging a bit further I have come across the dual purpose sunglasses, like Adidas Kumacross & Rudy Project Rydon, where I could use the same pair whether wearing contacts or not as they can come with clip-on prescription inserts.

Just wondering if anyone has tried these, or anything similar.

Cheers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I went with the re-actilite option when I got my current glasses. They work wonderfully well for me and no need to wonder if I've packed the sunnies as they simply darken in any bright conditions. Took a round or two to get use to but these days I look down and the ball doesn't seem a darker colour. However if I peek over the top of the frames it does sometimes surprise me just how bright everything is and how well the lenses work

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wear glasses for distance vision, and have disposable contact lenses. Generally if playing a comp or planned game I will have the contacts in, but if grabbing 9 holes or short notice I will play in glasses. During the hot summer I started to notice feeling uncomfortable with the light at times (age I guess). Did sometime pop some cheapy sunnies on the trolley and would pop them on while walking when remembering.

Having recently trashed my glasses I have been going around the options. Did consider transforms/re-actalites but have just gone for normal lenses. Did try on some prescription sunglasses and was impressed with what they can do these days with the various styles.

Digging a bit further I have come across the dual purpose sunglasses, like Adidas Kumacross & Rudy Project Rydon, where I could use the same pair whether wearing contacts or not as they can come with clip-on prescription inserts.

Just wondering if anyone has tried these, or anything similar.

Cheers.
used these years ago when i cycled. they were bolle. but changed the glasses to some more outlandish style Breko. used the same insert and still have them for the odd time i use my Mountain bike. they must be best part of 25 years old plus now and still fine had the lenses changed a number of times. Blue tack to hild them on the nose peice.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went down the cheap glasses route
I use
selectspecs.com

and now have glasses for everything and every where they are so cheap, my golfing ones are left in the bag.

For golf I like aviator style as there is a very large clear field of vision and no distortion at all looking down on the ball. (Their Hallmark CF919) ( I also find these great for driving for a similar reason and keep both variable tint and plain glasses in the car)

They sometimes have offers of free tints.

Last edited: