Happy Hallowe'en

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Happy Hallowe'en to all my golfing friends!

5CByUYv.jpg

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Crap American idea that is just an excuse for people to go begging at houses
Would be nice if parents had kids do what we did back in the day when out guising…do a wee turn in return for a little gift. Tell a couple of jokes; sing a song; recite some poetry…nothing clever…just moves from the idea of getting something for nothing…though a good disguise for me earns a sweetie or two.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Was Hugh was in Little House on Prairie?;)

Actually in our village all the trick or treaters are nice little kids , dressed up, accompanied by sensible adults. So its quite a nice evening.
We’re currently having same…lots of little kids dressed up; not too sure what they are supposed to do or say, but loving being dressed up.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We've had none round so far and I don't think we're going to get any....
Mainly because it's absolutely howling down and blowing a gale out there......

D

Deleted member 25575

Had a few here, all have either told a joke or one did a dance

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We had about 50 kids round, mostly little ‘uns and almost none older than maybe 13. All splendidly dressed up, other than one wee lad who decided he had to wear his bright yellow waterproof coat as it was raining.

Most just stood and smiled, a few older ones yelled trick or treat..but you could see they didn’t have any tricks up their sleeves. Nice. Then again, we live in a very lovely road and immediate neighbourhood.

Maybe I’ll suggest on our road WhatsApp group that it would be really nice (and traditional) were for next year the children learn a little song; a few jokes; a bit of poetry; a magic or card trick…in return for their little gift. As children, doing our little turn was always something we enjoyed and that added to everyone’s enjoyment of the evening.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess it's a sign of the times.

I've just had a message from my daughter in law which reads... "The kids (8 & 6) were beyond excited with their first guising. We went round to Granny and Grandpa's first to ensure we got veggie sweeties and then drove to our old neighbourhood and we hit gold! Only 2 gelatin sweets in all this lot so the kids were ecstatic!"

Next year I'll be giving out Brussel Sprouts to the little darlings.