Happy Fourth Thursday of November.

Diamond

Visit site
Love the NFL triple header on 4th Thursday of November. Just wish the Raiders could string a season together!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried flying out of JFK in New York on Thanksgiving Day once. What a nightmare. It seemed as though all of the airport workers were on holiday and nothing was happening. Our aircraft was parked at a remote location on the airfield and it took ages to find a movements team to drag it to the departure gate. We were delayed for about 5 hours.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
H'mm...I don't consider it an imposition - an increase of time-wasting emails notwithstanding, though even that has 'benefits' too.
I consider it an imposition as I don’t recall the GBP crying out ‘we demand that we have Black Friday’…or indeed now ‘Black Friday Week’…and ‘Cyber Monday’…

IMO just an opportunity too many take to flog stuff to the unwary…and in many instances to con folk into buying stuff that they think is a bargain when it isn’t.

Yes of course the informed can get bargains…but what I see is a charter and an open door for the disingenuous and unscrupulous.

Fortunately I can just ignore it all as accumulation of ‘stuff’, other than what I actually need, is pretty low on my ’to-do’ list.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I consider it an imposition as I don’t recall the GBP crying out ‘we demand that we have Black Friday’…or indeed now ‘Black Friday Week’…and ‘Cyber Monday’…

IMO just an opportunity too many take to flog stuff to the unwary…and in many instances to con folk into buying stuff that they think is a bargain when it isn’t.

Yes of course the informed can get bargains…but what I see is a charter and an open door for the disingenuous and unscrupulous.

Fortunately I can just ignore it all as accumulation of ‘stuff’, other than what I actually need, is pretty low on my ’to-do’ list.
No different to 'Boxing Day sales' and 'January sales' etc that we already had really. This one is quite handily timed for early Christmas shopping though. I've nearly got all my wife's gifts already. :LOL:

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boxing Day and January sales were to get rid of unsold stock from the Christmas period so shops could restock for spring. Nothing like the modern day sales.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I found it interesting as I was looking to buy an electric razor for my nephew for Xmas. Looked at it on Amazon and it was £44.00. Went to buy it 2 days later and it was £56.00, a few days later it was £77.00 then the Black Friday deals and it was £44 again with a big banner of being 40% off. The deals are not always exactly real/

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Caveat emptor applies constantly imo!
Examples like GB72's above have always existed, and, imo, will always exist. If sufficient examples are identified, the retailer's reputation could well suffer, so that's a gamble on their part - but it most likely wouldn't stop me from buying from them if they were still cheaper than elsewhere and I wanted the product!

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree, Happy Thanksgiving. It is actually nice that there is a holiday without an associated gift giving element to it. More of those please.