Hankley common

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I’m still having nightmares, my wife has left me, I kept screaming out loud in the night, HEATHER 😜

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finally got home after a fantastic day at Hankley. The course was amazing, no sign of any water even after all the rain yesterday. Some of the holes are brutal off the purple tees and the bunkers cost me a few shots here and there.
I just wish someone had warned me about the heather! :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Finally got home after a fantastic day at Hankley. The course was amazing, no sign of any water even after all the rain yesterday. Some of the holes are brutal off the purple tees and the bunkers cost me a few shots here and there.

Glad you had a good day. I found it a very difficult course as a mid-handicap golfer and the heather was brutal. The sand was fairly consistent in all the bunkers and I didn't find those too tricky but had plenty of practice

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Probably my Number 1 'Hidden Gem'! But having played it a few times, I'm not sure whether I can call it all that 'hidden'! Some of the very best set of Par 3s anywhere (narrowly pipped by Swinley Forest!) and certainly up there for golfers lunch!!

The silence of a round is only disturbed by the occasional 'Whop Whop' of occasional Chinooks!

If only you'd known about the heather! :rolleyes:

Last edited: