Handicap help for a rubbish golfer.

Golfrulesnerd

Visit site
The best advice is to submit as many qualifying cards as you can (supplementary cards is the easiest way). If you shoot scores that give you seven 0.1 increases (not the 0.2 you have said) in a row the club must review your handicap as part of the continuous handicap review process, which the club must carry out at least once a quarter.

Your club must have a handicap committee and it should not be left to just one person which is what you are suggesting (the Pro).

Golfrulesnerd

Visit site
It is true that the club must have a handicap committee. But it is not the case that the committee must review your handicap if you score 7 +0.1s in a row. Clause 23.16 states:

"23.16 Handicap Committees should review the handicaps of players to identify those players who are under-handicapped by running the Continuous Review Report on a quarterly basis during the playing season. This report runs on a rolling basis and does not re-set at the end of a calendar year"

Note that CONGU says should, rather than must , on this point. It's good practice for hcap committees to run the report at least once a month, rather than the quarterly basis suggested in Clause 23.16. I suspect that most CONGU-approved handicap software systems, such as Handicapmaster, can detect and highlight a potential case for a CRI immediately, but that is not a strict requirement of CONGU.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think yourself lucky, when i started to play the maximum handicap was 18. I've been playing for nearly 40 years and sometimes lucky to break 100, i usually just NR at the last, that save the embarrassment of my big numbers being posted :ROFLMAO:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think yourself lucky, when i started to play the maximum handicap was 18. I've been playing for nearly 40 years and sometimes lucky to break 100, i usually just NR at the last, that save the embarrassment of my big numbers being posted :ROFLMAO:
Your adjusted score should be included in your record
CONGU - DISQUALIFIED SCORES IN QUALIFYING COMPETITIONS
Failure to hole out in stroke play -
Adjust score for hole at which offence occurred under Clause 19 (Stableford / Nett Double Bogey Adjustment)

Affiliated Clubs have the discretion under Clauses 23 and 24 of the UHS to deal with a player who persistently submits incomplete cards or makes ‘no returns’..

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Your adjusted score should be included in your record
CONGU - DISQUALIFIED SCORES IN QUALIFYING COMPETITIONS
Failure to hole out in stroke play -
Adjust score for hole at which offence occurred under Clause 19 (Stableford / Nett Double Bogey Adjustment)

Affiliated Clubs have the discretion under Clauses 23 and 24 of the UHS to deal with a player who persistently submits incomplete cards or makes ‘no returns’..
Do you guys understand smilies or humour . FFS.

Last edited: