H4H update; Stacey's trolley

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
IMG_0248.jpg

Apologies for not getting this up sooner, however I've had to replace my computer and I'm only marginally ahead of richart in the IT skills challenge. :mad:

Some of you may remember that a little while ago, I started a thread to try and get a trolley for one of our H4H guests Stacey. A very generous benefactor donated one to Scott, our other guest, and I suggested that it was only right that both our guests received the same treatment. A number of you agreed with that and kindly donated towards that cause. Sandy at GoKart, despite having already donated one trolley to us, did us a cracking deal on another, and arrangements were duly made for delivery.

On Friday 3rd of November I went down to Tidworth Garrison GC in Wiltshire and met Stacey to give him his new trolley, and it's his beaming fizzog you see above. Tidworth Garrison GCis a lovely little course, well worth a visit and is not quite as hilly as the photograph implies; I'm just incapable of turning it round. :confused: Stacey very kindly treated me to the round and lunch :thup: and I will be very happy to return the favour at my place whenever he gets up here.

To those of you who donated, thank you very much indeed, you know who you were and Stacey is very grateful to you all. :clap: :cheers:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
That is brilliant Richard. Well done to everyone that contributed to the GoKart, and huge thanks to you for bringing it all together. Certainly shows there are some top people on the forum. What a forum should be about, proper community.

I have been in contact with Scott Blaney, the Battle Back guy who gave the moving speech at this year's H4H day at Hankley Common. He is loving his GoKart, and good news is we will be able to see it in action, as Scott is going to come and play at next years Help For Heroes day at Liphook.:thup::clap:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's absolutely brilliant Richard... a good job done by yourself, Sandy & all who generously contributed..... so in a way I'm a little bit reluctant to say "Sorry for starting the whole thing off!!" :eek: ..... I don't do auctions very often you know!! :confused: :whistle: