Guy fined for warning motorists of a speed trap

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
So does this make crime prevention illegal.

Good point. You'd think stopping a crime (even a motoring offence) was commendable..."hey mate one of your headlights is out".

To me the issue lies within the name... speed TRAP.

If they want you to slow down they should put up signs "Mobile cash cow ahead"

Nobody would read them.

There will be signs up giving the speed limit - could they not read them?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mobile QUASHQAI!

t.b.h. it's a crazy prosecution. His fine seems unreasonable.

a slap on the wrists and £50 on-the-spot would have served just as well.

£15 victim surcharge? who became a victim?

I'd never flash my lights to warn oncoming cars of a speed trap.....f*** 'em. Now, if there was a load of kids or sheep or cashqais crossing, that'd be different.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get off your phone!

Now that is my pet hate....... :mad:

I actually have a new pet hate. It's not dangerous but it winds me up.

It's called the Volvo XC-90/Toyota Land Cruiser/Nissan Pathfinder "snow-parking" laziness superiority syndrome.

You turn up at the supermarket with your snivelling, spoilt, ugly, fat, ignorant kids and park anywhere using 2mm of snow as an excuse for not trying to fit in a bay and/or parking across 3 disabled bays.

Me feels a Michael Douglas moment imminent. :eek:

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it is against the law to warn motorists of speed traps, how come TomTom get away with having speed camera warnings on their devices?

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clive, the warnings you get in maps and on sat navs are 'accident blackspots' so they are able to disclose these camras as a road safety issue. MObile speed detectors are out to stop anyone speeding. I got done last year doing 34 in a 30 area so its not about safety becasue I got done in an industrial area. Its all about the lolly.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I got done last year doing 34 in a 30 area so its not about safety becasue I got done in an industrial area. Its all about the lolly.

Me too, 10am Saturday morning so the whole place was abandoned, I was the only car on the road which is 3 lanes wide, paths a further 5m from the road with no one on them, all offices shut..... pressed the accellerator a little bit to make sure I got through the green light 50m ahead.... police camera the other side of the lights in a layby!!

What annoys me the most is that it used to be a 40 and if you drive down there at 30 every f*cker on the road will overtake you! :D

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I hope the police lady and the lady from the CPS are proud of themselves :mad: :mad: :mad:
They fined a 64 year old pensioner £440 for trying to help people.

Come the revolution.
Now, where's my book :mad:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
It'll be overturned as there was a landmark case a few years ago where the light flasher was let off as it was deemed impossible for the driver to have known what speed the on coming car was doing. The judge who presided over this more recent one obviously didnt read his notes! haha.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I hope the police lady and the lady from the CPS are proud of themselves :mad: :mad: :mad:

Come the revolution.

64 isn't a pensioner.

65 is a pensioner.

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
Just been reminded of the time i was driving on a dual carriageway. I was doing 70 mph and got passed by a marked police car as if i was standing still, he didn't have his lights or siren on, i would estimate he was doing no less than 100. A couple miles further down the road and said police car was parked up and watching for speeders........... :D

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The whole government are corrupt and rob u left right and centre the police are used as there biggest revenue collectors, fighting crime is a second interest to our government they are getting richer and enjoying life at our expense ts been going on for years yet the general public cant be arsed to do anyhting about it so they continue to do so!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site

Come the revolution.

64 isn't a pensioner.

65 is a pensioner.

not necessarily. that only applies to the state pension for men. you can be in receipt of a pension well under 65,

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get off your phone!

Now that is my pet hate....... :mad:

Almost every day i see people driving and holding a phone to their ear. Handsfree sets are so cheap now and even then i'll park up before using it.

And it's normally people driving £30,000+ motors!!

They can afford expensive cars but not <£50 for a handfree kit.

Poor.

not round here it's £$%^&*&^%$!!! lorry drivers!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
the police are used as there biggest revenue collectors,

Only if you break the law :D
They can't fine you if you obey the laws of the land.

By the way...that's not how you spell 'their' and didn't your parents tell you that it's rude to point :D