Gumtree

• Thread starter Deleted member 31467
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31467

I've just sold a club on gumtree but I had quite a few responses from people saying images wouldn't load and could I email pictures. Obviously a scam but I can't figure out how it works. Any ideas?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just sold a club on gumtree but I had quite a few responses from people saying images wouldn't load and could I email pictures. Obviously a scam but I can't figure out how it works. Any ideas?

Could be they want the image files to upload dummy adverts and get paid for an item they don't have. Best to use pictures that look like they are genuine instead of stock images of an item.

D

Deleted member 31467

Could be they want the image files to upload dummy adverts and get paid for an item they don't have. Best to use pictures that look like they are genuine instead of stock images of an item.
I did think about that but surely scammers are smart enough to screenshot and crop the images? My other thought was that once they get my email address they might try to hack my account :unsure:

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I did think about that but surely scammers are smart enough to screenshot and crop the images? My other thought was that once they get my email address they might try to hack my account :unsure:

Screenshots often look like screenshots. Best to have original images.

Not a lot email addresses in isolation do these days.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I got that the last time I sold something on Gumtree. Blocked them right away. A scam of some sort but didn't want to hang around to find out how it worked.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watermark the image, or take a photo of the club with your surname written on a piece of paper in the background which isn’t as easily cropped out

D

Deleted member 31467

The club is sold now, just wondered what they are trying to achieve.