Groovy Problem

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do any of the wise old sages of the GM Forum know if it's possible to get the grooves on a lob wedge re-cut or something? I love my 60deg Cleveland lobber but the grooves are so worn I'm struggling with spin and getting a few "fliers" as well now. I've looked at new ones but they just aren't the same.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes you can get them re-cut a local pro should be able to do it for you.
You can buy your own regroving tool off ebay but be careful you dont make them illegal.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you value your clubs and don't want to go the "new" route, I'd say drop them into a local pro shop. It'll be a cheap job and worth the investment.

Medal Winner
Visit site
im sure grooves are mild in the face,i dont think a
pro will have a machine to re-cut them.Useing a hand tool you will need to be very careful you dont make a mess
of the club.You could try a club maker if you now eny
they may be able to help you.
3636 billy

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
Like the look of the 'groovy tool' , think I'll invest in one myself. The pro shop has quoted me £5 per club for this service. If your confident enough to do your own repairs it makes sense.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
im sure grooves are mild in the face,i dont think a
pro will have a machine to re-cut them.Useing a hand tool you will need to be very careful you dont make a mess
of the club. You could try a club maker
they may be able to help you.

Yes, I didn't mean an average joe pro, I meant someone with the equipment....my pro (at the course) couldn't, but the driving range pro could, 'cause he has all the gubbins.
For £5....I'd say it's a BIG mistake to do it yourself....come on £5!, a bargain compared to risking it yourself. False economy to me.....i.m.o.