Grip query

allthegear

Visit site
Lately I've noticed a pretty serious deterioration in the quality of strike in my irons and massive variation in direction from all clubs. Previously I had a reliable fade with driver and straight / soft draw with irons.

I can feel the heel part of my right hand (I'm right handed) coming loose at the top of the swing and wondered whether this could be the cause of the problem. my playing partner in the medal on Thursday noticed a 'looseness' in the swing.

One last thing, I'm struggling to finish shots, getting 'stuck' about half way through the follow-through. Don't know whether this is linked but it ain't a good feeling :(

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

Bobirdie

Journeyman Pro
www.williamsdoubleglazing.co.uk
try keep your hands in front of your chest throughout the swing.

promotes the feeling of keeping arms and body connected.

if your getting stuck your body is going tooquick for your arms an leaving them behind.slow it down a bit try get some tempo

allthegear

Visit site
Bobirdie, thanks for this. Took a 9 iron over a little par 3 course this evening with 3 balls and by thinking of nothing but staying connected and tempo I hit it as well as I can remember. Well, except one ball, which I accidentally tried to crush. Lost ball.

I guess I had so many swing thoughts - take a divot, shaft lean, neutral club face, shallow angle of attack, follow through, etc etc - that I completely overthought it.

Simple game, great game. Bobirdie, put your bill in the post!