Greenway Golf Cart Bag

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I was looking for a cheap cart-bag, around the £50 mark. After some searching online, Golf-Xpress popped up with the Greenway Golf Cart Bat at the bargain price of £35.

Given the price, and my 'who are Golf Xpress' scepticism, I asked on the forum about them and was reassured they were kosher. Biting the bullet, I ordered the bag and also a 3-wheel trolley to replace my admittedly long-in-the-tooth 2-wheeler. I needn't have worried; Golf X-press had the items to me within 48 hours of ordering.

And so, to the bag!

gwg-cartbag.jpgThe bag is 9" in diameter and comes in an choice of colours, weighing in at just 5lbs. There is a 14-way divider, that is heavily padded, although none of the dividers are full length. On either side of the bag is a long pocket, and while none are overly deep, they can comfortably fit a set of waterproofs. The long pockets are matched with smaller pockets; one of which is a soft pocket for valuables. Again, its not overly deep but should be sufficient to hold a wallet and mobile phone.

Three pockets run down the bag, including a cooler pocket for drinks, and a large ball pocket. I stuck 3 dozen balls into the pocket, and there was still room for more. A towel ring, umbrella draw-string and loop, and external putter holder are also on the bag. The umbrella loop I found to be quite tight, and it might not fit thicker umbrella spikes. The draw-string is positioned a bit too close to the flat of the bag, making the umbrella difficult to extract when fitted onto a trolley.

The only real let-down with the bag comes from the rain-hood, which is frankly awful. Its very thin and flimsy, and you could literally spit a pea through it. It feels cheap and when attached to the bag, it feels quite loose on the poppers. I binned it in favour of using the hood from my stand-bag which gives a better fit.

At just £35, this is not a bag for brand-snobs; it's also certainly not a looker when it comes to appearance! But while its not a Mizuno or Callaway, Ogio or Sun Mountain bag, if you can look past its appearance, then for £35 you get a good-sized, functionable cart bag with impressive storage space on offer, and certainly recommended for those looking for a budget bag.

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never heard of the brand but at them prices who cares.

When I get to sell my PK electric trolley and cart bag, I would consider this.

Please update us, and how it withstands over time.