Greensomes

oneamp1

Visit site
Foursomes

In foursomes are you and your partner allowed to play alternate balls on alternate holes, e.g. play your own ball on holes you tee off on? I dont mean changing ball each shot, but each hole? :confused:

Last edited:

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
In greensomes are you and your partner allowed to play alternate balls on alternate holes, e.g. play your own ball on holes you tee off on? I dont mean changing ball each shot, but each hole? :confused:

In greensomes you both tee off and then select the tee shot you prefer, therefore you play the hole out with the ball from the tee shot you select.

D

Deleted member 15344

Re: Foursomes

In foursomes are you and your partner allowed to play alternate balls on alternate holes, e.g. play your own ball on holes you tee off on? I dont mean changing ball each shot, but each hole? :confused:

Yes you are -

oneamp1

Visit site

Do you know where I can find this in print, as our lady captain is adamant it is a breach of the rules and isn't allowed. :rant:

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site

Do you know where I can find this in print, as our lady captain is adamant it is a breach of the rules and isn't allowed. :rant:

Hand her a copy of the rule book, smile, ask her politely to point out the rule you are in breach of.

D

Deleted member 15344

Ask her to show you which rule is it you have broken :thup:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

The suspect confusion will come from incidents at professional level/high level amateur comps where there are same ball type rules.