Gran Canaria.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got back a week ago. Played Maspalomas twice and Meloneras once. Both good holiday courses, but I prefer Maspalomas. Meloneras can be expensive on balls if you don't watch out for the hidden water and OB.

I was in a fourball at Meloneras, with a very pleasant Scottish lad named Jerry and a Dutch couple. Tried to get Jerry to join the forum - hope he does. Also played with a young assistant pro' from Surrey who went round Maspalomas in 72, one under gross. He's never played it before. A real eye opener.

All-in-all a good holiday, great weather, good golf, super hotel - H10 Meloneras Palace. I recommend it.

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad your back and you enjoyed your holiday. Must be fantastic playing in the sunshine this time of year.

I hope your H10 was better than the H10 we stayed in in Salou, a real dump.

Liam_Austin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
nice one mate,

I played maspalomas at christmas, how did you fare on the testing par 3 over a fountain, i think it was the 16th.

For my first time on foreign soil i thought i did quite well. I managed to shot 2 over handicap, and played with a man from swindon.

Liam

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're not envious at all.

Much!

Glad to hear of a good trip. Was the golf priced in with the package?....you and I discussed that the cost on Lanzarote (for example) is actually quite high.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I played maspalomas at christmas, how did you fare on the testing par 3 over a fountain?

I don't remeber playing over a fountain Liam, but then, the course is under a bit of reconstruction at the moment so that hole may not be in play now.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Glad to hear of a good trip. Was the golf priced in with the package?....

It's not cheap in the Canaries Dave, but the golf was all part of the package, including buggies at Meloneras. We tend to put on a few extras, like executive lounge at Manchester, extra leg room on the plane, better hire car, half-board tarrif, etc. so our package was a bit higher that normal. It's not an out-and-out golf holiday for us because the good lady doesn't play, so I have to consider her comfort and interest as well, naturally.