GPS anyone

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
Have a look at a Snooper S210, £99, no fees, great wee bit of kit, only downside is it's needs two AAA batteries but comes with a couple of rechargables and a charger. Comes pre loaded with over 5000 british courses and is waterproof, it just clips on the bag.

Hmmm, looks like a decent piece of kit!!

V

vkurup

The sooper looks like a steal.. but i am skeptic about such companies - i m sure it is a great product, but need more info. The big learning was about buying on tesco-direct. Just looked up the G3. DGUK £199; Tesco £129!!!! So a bit of a toss up between Sooper and G3.

@Patricks148.. nothing wrong with the range finder, a bit lazy to pull it out before everyshot and do it. Also my shaky hands gives me some false readings. GPS sitting on top of the bag/trolley/buggie is just a quick glance away..

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The sooper looks like a steal.. but i am skeptic about such companies - i m sure it is a great product, but need more info.

I don't know what you mean by "such companies". Snooper have been around a long time and gained an excellent reputation based mainly on sat-nav and speed camera detectors for HGVs. When they moved into golf GPS I bought their S280 which was a combined golf GPS/sat-nav/speed camera detector and this served me very well for a few years until I upgraded to the S320 (bigger, better screen and better battery life). They are around £169 but I got mine as an ex-demo off ebay for £129 - recommended.

V

vkurup

Sorry mate.. did not mean to offend. Hadnt heard about Snooper before i started looking at GPS. So good to hear about their heritage - I learn something new everyday. Their website is also not the most informative. Mixed reviews on Amazon etc... But the price makes it very much in my budget category.