Google Pixel

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone use the Google Pixel phones? If so what model? Pros and cons of them please.

Ta

Midnight...

Pixel 5

Pro decent enough phone does the job
Like the phone itself ...good camera

Con no SD card slot

No adjustable brightness level to the torch (minor annoyance)

Long as it lasts I'll keep it

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had the last 3 and I really like them. Android without skins or bloatware, great camera and supporting software, just do the job well. Will change to the 6 next year. Best thing is that they are several hundred quid cheaper than the latest Samsung etc.

FELL75

Visit site
Pixel 4a. Happy with it. Good battery, charges very quickly and phone itself not too big. Decent camera. Only con would be screen is too sensitive for a screen protector so have to be extra careful and screen brightness is low so have to have up full when out and about.

Dicklaus

Visit site
Anyone use the Google Pixel phones? If so what model? Pros and cons of them please.

Ta

Midnight...
Yes, as a pro photographer, I pick my mobile based primarily on the camera.
My first Google phone was a Nexus 6P, the forerunner to the Pixel models.
My current phone is a Pixel 4XL. The Pixel 5 was not a particularly attractive upgrade. So I didn't bother with it.
However, the new Pixel 6 looks interesting but the market needs to see the reactions of the professional reviewers and sensible users.
Apart from the camera, Google phones have a number of other advantages over other makes.
If you wish, you can phone me to discuss in more detail.

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thought you weren't happy with Vodafone?

I'm not particularly keen on them no.
But as I mentioned in an earlier post, on another thread, it would cost me a fortune to buy out of my existing contracts.
So I gave them another chance...
I've never had a problem with coverage etc. or the service they provide.
I'm just not keen on the infrastructure.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Keep me updated on your views of it please mate.

Lovely looking phone. I went for the black model. Despite complaints to the contrary, I'm finding the finger print reader is very good.
Lovely screen, and transferred everything from my old phone very quickly.
It's a slippery phone though. Have ordered a new Spigen case for it, which should arrived today. Will feel a lot happier once that is fitted lol!
But first impressions are very good.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone with a Pixel 6?

Good or bad? Would you recommend?

Some decent deals around and need an upgrade, ideally to an android phone that works well on wifi calling above almost anything other features

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am on a pixel 5 having had the pixel 3 before that. Stock android so no performance sapping skins. Just does everything well at a great price. At £450 I am tempted to buy a 6 and go sim only later in the year

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am on a pixel 5 having had the pixel 3 before that. Stock android so no performance sapping skins. Just does everything well at a great price. At £450 I am tempted to buy a 6 and go sim only later in the year

Currys will give me nearly £250 trade in for my Samsung so effectively £200 upgrade for me hence my question :)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currys will give me nearly £250 trade in for my Samsung so effectively £200 upgrade for me hence my question :)

Think the Google Store were offer similar.

Is the Currys offer in store for handset and do they offer the trade in money off there is or is is subjec to a send off and assessment.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think the Google Store were offer similar.

Is the Currys offer in store for handset and do they offer the trade in money off there is or is is subjec to a send off and assessment.

Its both, can either have phone delivered and send your trade in to them or do in store, the difference is they are offering a £100 extra on trade in valuations currently

If you do in store you get a voucher which you use against the purchase, if you have delivered i think its bacs transfer

https://www.currys.co.uk/services/ways-to-pay/trade-in.html#HowToTradeIn

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its both, can either have phone delivered and send your trade in to them or do in store, the difference is they are offering a £100 extra on trade in valuations currently

If you do in store you get a voucher which you use against the purchase, if you have delivered i think its bacs transfer

https://www.currys.co.uk/services/ways-to-pay/trade-in.html#HowToTradeIn

Looks Like I am going to Currys after work. Based on quote etc it will be £150 to move over to the 6 and go Sim only at the end of my contract.