Golfing milestones - how many have you achieved?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All 20 :) First hole-in-one was on a par-4 which took care of three of them in one shot. The 18 GRs - I was bricking it over a gap wedge to the 18th at Traditions - just about got it on there. Then did it a week later at Sunbury and a month later at Pyrford.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Won my first Club Championship in 1991 - that made 16. First hole-in-one and bogey free round were later in the 90s.
18 greens in reg and albatross might never happen.
My next milestone, not on this list, is to shoot my age. Might have to wait some years for that - but will really really enjoy it if it happens. Then do it each year till I drop.
Something positive to look forward to.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Won my first Club Championship in 1991 - that made 16. First hole-in-one and bogey free round were later in the 90s.
18 greens in reg and albatross might never happen.
My next milestone, not on this list, is to shoot my age. Might have to wait some years for that - but will really really enjoy it if it happens. Then do it each year till I drop.
Something positive to look forward to.
Yes mine is to win a major in my 60s
Won in my 20/30/40/50 S hopefully still got it in me.
I could not shoot 64 in my 30s so don’t hold much hope now,
Maybe when I am 80 might have a chance.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Aha, won my third club scratch knockout at 50, a board comp nett at 52 (won that one in 1977 too) and my last club championship at, wait for it, 58.
So club majors (or board comps) in teens, 20s, 30, 40s and 50s. Same as you - not won owt big in my 60s - yet!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Aha, won my third club scratch knockout at 50, a board comp nett at 52 (won that one in 1977 too) and my last club championship at, wait for it, 58.
So club majors (or board comps) in teens, 20s, 30, 40s and 50s. Same as you - not won owt big in my 60s - yet!
Nice CV.
It’s not easy when your 50 yds behind a younger ,fitter,better player.
But keep on trying.:)
Worse places to be.

The Dog.

Visit site
I won the Club Championship when I was 40 yrs old.
I think we are better golfers at that age than trying to knock the cover off the ball when younger.

Agreed. Our club championship is 36 holes scratch format. I have it in me to do it but it’s a tough field to beat as we have a high number of category 1 players, over 40 I think. I’ve been in the top 5 twice in the last 6 years so not too far away.

I am 50 and agree with you about being a more refined player as I have got older. Additionally, I was a better ball striker in my teens and twenties but golf technology has redressed the balance on this over time and I now hit the ball further through the bag than I ever have.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes I h
Agreed. Our club championship is 36 holes scratch format. I have it in me to do it but it’s a tough field to beat as we have a high number of category 1 players, over 40 I think. I’ve been in the top 5 twice in the last 6 years so not too far away.

I am 50 and agree with you about being a more refined player as I have got older. Additionally, I was a better ball striker in my teens and twenties but golf technology has redressed the balance on this over time and I now hit the ball further through the bag than I ever have.
Yes but I have found that the tech has helped the better players hit it longer as well :oops:
As I have got older my short game has got 100% better, this is where higher cappers could improve rapidly.
But we all want to smash it miles when we are young.

My advice to newcomers is always work on your 100yds and in and that takes the pressure off your long game mistakes.

36 holes is to much for me now
But over two days I would still have a chance.
Unfortunately our CC is on the one day.

Voyager EMH

Visit site
Yes I h

Yes but I have found that the tech has helped the better players hit it longer as well :oops:
As I have got older my short game has got 100% better, this is where higher cappers could improve rapidly.
But we all want to smash it miles when we are young.

My advice to newcomers is always work on your 100yds and in and that takes the pressure off your long game mistakes.

36 holes is too much for me now
But over two days I would still have a chance.
Unfortunately our CC is on the one day.
Its the one day of the year that I'm in a buggy. The idea of not competing in it - not ready to accept that yet.