Golfers car of choice..

V

vkurup

One of my mate gets his porsche cayenne once in a while. surprisingly the boot is not massive (without the rear seats down). Diagonally getting two bags + trolly can be a squeeze. Might be easier if we were less lazy and try and get the seats down.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
best golfers car I've had was my multipla. Because it's so wide you can just lay a full golf bag including driver widthways across the boot. If there's four of you, you can easily stack all four bags on top of each other. Plenty of elbow room for adults front and back and could even get trolleys in too.

Sadly now died. Replaced by a fat Golf which is lovely in lots of ways but not wide enough for easy bag carriage.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
My Mondeo titanium x is like a tardis, huge boot.

When I had my Golf I always thought it odd that a car named "golf" couldn't fit clubs in the boot......

Someone parked their Ferrari next to my old workhorse Mondeo last Saturday, obviously lowering their chances of having it nicked!

the hammer

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Funny you should mention this.
I started with a new pupil last week who's a lorry driver by trade. He's very new to golf so his swing is all over the place. His shirt doesnt get tucked in and his track suit trousers stop just below the knee. Training shoes round off his ensemble.
But, he looks pretty cool when he drives out of the car park in his dark blue Astin Martin Vantage.
Neighbour has a black vantage, other playing partner has a AMG CLK thing,I have a four year old dinted Fiat ducato van.i normally taxi them. Golf shoes already on, trolleys set up ready to go.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Whist deciding where to park when I visited Bearwood a few weeks back I took great pleasure in parking between the biggest, hugest Maserati I've ever seen and an equally proportioned Mercedes........:clap:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Whist deciding where to park when I visited Bearwood a few weeks back I took great pleasure in parking between the biggest, hugest Maserati I've ever seen and an equally proportioned Mercedes........:clap:

People like you annoy the heck out of me. There I am, looking for a space, and jut as I think I have found one, there is a small car lurking between two proper cars, that I have not seen til the last moment.

One day all cars will be huge. Mark my words.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
People like you annoy the heck out of me. There I am, looking for a space, and jut as I think I have found one, there is a small car lurking between two proper cars, that I have not seen til the last moment.

One day all cars will be huge. Mark my words.
:rofl:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Volvo xc90 would fit 5 proper sized adults and 5 golf bags with ease! It's massive! Parked next to therod's toureg and it looked tiny!

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
Got to be a mark II Ford galaxy /VW sharan / seat ALHAMBRA.

Will easily take 5 strapping big grown ups, all in individual full sized seats, with all kit in relative comfort.

Boot will take a full set of clubs, including driver, either lengthways, widthways or vertically standing on end.

When the tailgate is open, you have perfectly flat area to sit and change your shoes whilst sheltered from the weather beneath the embrace of the canopy like rear door.

All this space contained in less length and width than a Mondeo so easy to park as well

God, I miss that car. Not the most exciting vehicle i've ever had but certainly the most practical. All the back seats were removable and it become a van large enough to take a dining table and 6 chairs.

Swapped it for a Nissan Pathfinder which is equally massive but not quite so practical on a day to day basis (unless it snows!)

Last edited:

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a Renault Clio Sport which at a bit of a squeeze can get 2 cart bags and electric trolleys in, obviously only if the back seats are folded down.

Hopefully have a 3 series BMW within 12 months so should be a bit more comfortable.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I have a Renault Clio Sport which at a bit of a squeeze can get 2 cart bags and electric trolleys in, obviously only if the back seats are folded down.

Hopefully have a 3 series BMW within 12 months so should be a bit more comfortable.

not for your clubs it wont be- nice looking car though

saxmaster

Assistant Pro
Visit site
ive a tt, and sadly one of the poorer cars of st pierre :(

1 set of clubs with the back seats down is a struggle. maybe squeeze a pencil bag in aswell ha