Golfer or Street Artist

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My rain jacket has a hood and it's FJ. So whats the BFD? Provided a player is respectful, repairs pitch marks, replaces divots (or uses divot mix) is considerate of other players and the game I do not see any real issues with what they wear.

Just think what golfers would say if we rocked up in our plastic spikes, sports polos and baseball caps back in the day?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My rain jacket has a hood and it's FJ. So whats the BFD? Provided a player is respectful, repairs pitch marks, replaces divots (or uses divot mix) is considerate of other players and the game I do not see any real issues with what they wear.

Just think what golfers would say if we rocked up in our plastic spikes, sports polos and baseball caps back in the day?

Way back in the day the advice that Harry Vardon gave gentlemen golfers was to always wear your jacket when playing - and wear braces rather than a belt to hold up your trousers as braces hold your shoulders in a way beneficial to your swing...

Things change...

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I still don't get the anti-black socks thing. If I'm wearing black trousers and black golf shoes, are some clubs really going to expect me to wear white socks? It'll look horrible!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I still don't get the anti-black socks thing. If I'm wearing black trousers and black golf shoes, are some clubs really going to expect me to wear white socks? It'll look horrible!
28trebay3_500.jpg

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's the wearing of said coloured clothing with shorts that means the world is going to end.
Most places that have "sock rules" want short socks to be white but knee length socks can be any colour...
Amazing how 12 inches of fabric signals the rising of the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse