Golf weekend advice needed

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
Alright fellas,

Myself and a few mates are looking to go away somewhere to play golf for the weekend preferably for 2 nts (1 nt also doable) and 2/3 rounds. I have checked a number of golf travel websites and keep seeing the same ones for Belfry, Celtic manor etc. Which are nice but I reckon there must be some over courses cheaper with good facilities. Some of us are bringing wives and GF's so we would like a place with a good spa on site. Do yo gus have any suggestions? We are located n Northampton so anywhere really within couple of hours drive? Really don't want to spend more than £120 pp.

Cheers in advance :D

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Everyone I know who's played both would take the Forst of Arden over the Belfry. I believe it's cheaper too.

I can't comment of Celtic Manor, but I've not heard a bad thing about it. Doubt you'll get it for £120pp though.

bluenose10

Assistant Pro
www.collingtreeparkgolf.com
Aztecs - cheers for the advice forest of Arden is one we are looking at and the price isn't too bad. If 2nts is more then we will pay it, just one of the lads is the tightest man in the world but he is the one who wants 2nts so will have to pay it.

Sweatysock - I have seen forest pines and do like the look of it and is a front runner bt one of the group has played there previously. Thanks for the advice on there being 27 holes though weren't aware of that.

Cheers fellas

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
East Sussex National might be a bit further, but worth a look - two great courses.

There's also Greetham Valley in Rutland, which is supposed to be pretty good (also two courses, but haven't played there).

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
East Sussex National might be a bit further, but worth a look - two great courses.

There's also Greetham Valley in Rutland, which is supposed to be pretty good (also two courses, but haven't played there).

I can vouch for Greetam Valley, 2 good courses and hotel of site. Good pubs and food in the village (used to live there so know it well)

quinn

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
playing there in august got 1 night 2rounds dinner & b&b £140 have a look on golfbreaks, check your dates though there doing work on the greens after 13th august so might take a few weeks to settle down

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
playing there in august got 1 night 2rounds dinner & b&b £140 have a look on golfbreaks, check your dates though there doing work on the greens after 13th august so might take a few weeks to settle down

Golf Breaks do good deals, especially the Sunday night option, which is the cheapest, but they tend to be £100-£10 for 1 night db&b and 2 rounds - 2 nights and 3 rounds - you would be lucky to get anywhere under £200 - Hawkstone Park in Shropshire is worth looking at - there is also the Telford courses - I can't rmmber the name - Great Hay or somehing like that - could be a cheap option. Hill Valley in Whitchurch, Shropshire also, I think, has a hotel. Down my way Wokefield Park may be pretty cheap