Golf Tees, Favourite Brands or any suggestions on what to use and look out for?

Lamo

Visit site
Anybody tried brush tees? :cool:
I have been using brush tees for 15 years. I have come into contact with hundreds of golfers but have never meet anyone else who uses them. I think they are great. I started using them because I became sick and tired of looking for my tees after every tee shot. There are no advantages or disadvantages to using them. The quality ones are very solid and can take a beating and still last for years, especially if stored in the individual plastic container. They come in a variety of sizes. I use different sizes with the driver or short irons depending on need. The cheap ones from China have two parts to them and break very easily. I can only find them online these days so be careful not to buy the cheap ones. I haven’t bought them for years because they last sooo long. ?

evemccc

Visit site
Hi all,
I have been having some discussions with my pals and want to see what is the most popular Golf tee and why? One friend uses a tee based purely on the looks and the colours whilst another will use one plastic tee per round then throw it away at the end regardless.
What is everyone using and do you have any recommendations for funky golf tees that are under the radar?
Thanks
J

Get fitted for your perfect tee to optimise your game

fat80b

Hacker
Visit site
I use the little red castles for irons and hybrids and wooden ones for driver.
I am in increasingly seeing plastic tees littering the tee boxes / bins though and can’t help but think that this is bad. We should probably do our bit and stop it with the plastic ones which don’t biodegrade

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use the little red castles for irons and hybrids and wooden ones for driver.
I am in increasingly seeing plastic tees littering the tee boxes / bins though and can’t help but think that this is bad. We should probably do our bit and stop it with the plastic ones which don’t biodegrade
Bamboo tess are the answer (y)

Springveldt

Visit site
I play with someone who puts a large tie round their tee so they don't lose it.
I played a round with someone who had the red, pink and orange castle tees all tied to each other with a lace. Whenever he used one he would also put the other 2 into the ground so that the one he was hitting wouldn't fly away.

I use the orange castle tee for my driver (unless I'm having swing issues on the day and will sometimes swap to the pink one if I'm hitting down rather than up) and the little lime green castle tee for irons/hybrids.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
First outing with Seniors this week.

I've never seen play held up before while someone is searching for a tee peg.

Oh my

Doesn't happen in our Seniors - strong twine is the answer. We have one guy who has 5 different colour tees all connected with one length of twine, and another with a tee connected to a big heavy washer.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I once asked the R&A about having a weight attached to a tee. The reply was bizzare. It's illegal because the string could used to indicate the line of play. But if the weight were replaced with another conforming tee, it's OK. BUT THE STRING IS STILL THERE!

"Unfortunately, this would be a breach of the Rules, as the string used to attach the
weight to the tee could be used to indicate the line of play, in breach of Rule
10.2b(1). This is the case for the tee attached to any object, except another
conforming tee. This exception is allowed on “traditional” grounds as it has been a
relatively common practice in countries where the ground may hard due to frost, or when
winter mats are in use."

p340_1683.med.jpg

AliMc

Visit site
I'm using the pink one of these just now mainly due to the ground being brick hard, I was breaking a wooden tee nearly every hole, I think there were 25 in the bag, I took out a couple but have since found 2 more so I'm quids in, will go back to the wooden ones when the ground softens up a bit