Golf stance advice

Diamond

Visit site
In my 1st year of golf I tried the left foot ahead of right (right handed player) with my irons and found I generated more power and hit much straighter shots.
I always thought this was more a drill to make me turn better and stop me coming over the top.
This week at the range I was struggling with my 7 iron and changed my stance to left foot ahead of right and club nearer to my left leg. I proceeded to cream shot after shot and it worked for my 6 hybrid, 7 Iron, 8 iron and 9 iron. The wedge was better with my normal stance. As a relative newcomer to the game (2 years) I think I decided against this stance when playing on the course and saw it more of a drill.
Its a daft question as i probably know the answer but should I just incorporate this into my weekly range visits and also on the course or just to leave it to a drill on the range?

Diamond

Visit site
I would use it on the course too.

Thanks, I think in year 1 of golf i did use it on the course but inconsistency and comments got the better of me. I think I persevered more with driver like this but again inconsistency makes me change things to often. From memory I think I started to hit long straight pulls left of target that made me stop but I am 12 months on since then.