Golf Shirts - Am I The Only One?

Stegsie

Head Pro
Visit site
OK, so I am looking for some new clothing now the winter is setting in. Am I the only one that can't stand these "breathable" Polo's?

Honestly, I am yet to find any that feel comfortable.

Sweaters, Waterproofs, Trousers and even under layers are all fine but I just can't find any decent shirts for that middle layer.

Any advice on where to look / what to get? I'm taking to wearing a normal shirt with a jumper over the top at the moment! :rolleyes:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nope, I'm with you ! I also found myself wearing a lot more casual polos for golf this summer.....Cheshire Oaks is your friend for these. Golf wise some of the Oscar Jacobson and footjoy ones are not that 'cooling stretch' type material.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The 'breathables' are polyester which make me sweat like crazy. I prefer to buy shirts made from fabrics that do not make me sweat in the first place.

I buy most of my polos from Sports Direct because we have a store next to the golf club and they do virtually every brand going in there and it is always easy to find cotton or high cotton content polos in there. Favourite brands are Pierre Cardin, Lee Cooper, Dunlop and Donnay. Although the later do mainly poly cotton, nice for Autumn and Early spring.

My long sleeve polos are mainly BHS (sadly obviously defunct) Uneek Premium (can be sourced on ebay) and Ashworth.