Golf resort(warm climate) recommendation pls

Bassfisher

Visit site
Thé wife and I are high handicap beginners, we’re really getting into the game and would like to go away towards the end of March to a nice golf resort. Somewhere warm, maybe Spain, or Portugal. Somewhere not too serious or high level though, we want to enjoy with no pressure etc
Any ideas pls?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Late March - you won't do any better than one of the hotels in Belek, Turkey, with their own golf course. The hotels are all 5-star (real 5-star) all-inclusive. You can't go wrong.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Have a look at Pennina in the Algarve. Nice hotel, near Alvor, a decent town for evening out. 3 courses on site and a driving range. The Academy Course is 18 holes of 3s and short 4s. 9 hole Resort course is full size but not too taxing. The Championship Course is the full monty...depending on how long you’ve been playing you might be keen to try it, otherwise the other two will keep you entertained.

End of March will be very pleasant. Your Golf Travel or Lotus Supertravel or GolfBreaks.com all do packages at that time of year with B&b and unlimited golf...

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't booked a golf holiday as a package deal since I was a young lad. Always book hotels, flights and golf separately.

In terms of location, any of the usual places on The Algarve will work well. Lots of golf near Vale do Lobo and Quinta, and not far to Lagos and Albufeira. Even Monte Rei is a reasonable drive. I would give Parque da Floresta (or whatever its called nowadays) a miss, though.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As a fairly new golfer I'd be looking at Spain or the Algarve for a better selection of courses.
I've been to Turkey and the tracks we played were all pretty tough, or it could have been that I played like a knob.
:eek::eek::eek: