Golf re-build

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have decided to throttle back my golf but not quit as planned, thanks for the sensible thoughts

I need to start again, back to having lessons, back to finding a way to get consistent shots

Then if it still goes wrong i can at least say i did consider my options

3 months ago this was me............

Driver normally straight but 190 yds / 200 yds average

Iron play not bad

Chipping very poor

Putting average

Today...........

Driver, 3 woods etc cannot hit them straight, pulls , slices etc

Irons a bit iffy at times again direction normally a pull left

Chipping .. very good

Putting ... good to very good

So as you can see its my main swing that has deserted me and destroyed me and i am not sure why

I know the reasons for the faults, out to in or open club face but i cannot seem to cure it hence the frustration

Lessons must be the answer and throttle my swing back to a 3/4 controlled swing ?

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
The good thing is its closing in on the end of the season so plenty time to get things corrected over winter.

Hopefully you get it cured and start enjoying the game again.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Men! fickle creatures! OK wolfie - hope it goes well with the pro - and no more moaning!
Jungle - good to meet you yesterday - hope you have a great time with the boys and lady at Crail today
x

T

thecraw

achhh I had my eye on your cartbag.

Try a different professional. It can help especially if you relate to what he's telling you easier than your current pro.

drutz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree with thecraw I changed my pro and my game has come on leaps and bounds, though I was incredibly awful before. My pro concentrates on one aspect and when it is right we move on. He has even identified that the reason my striking with the woods is poor is due to big head weight difference between my woods and my irons, which I have to say makes sense to me as I struggle to get any feel of the club. He is even weighting it up for me and seeing how we go with it. A good pro is a real boon.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Welcome back Wolfie :0) was sad to see you go so great that you are back and going to give it another go. I can 100% relate to where you are coming from. I started off and my swing was ok for a high handicapper but short game was killing me. So I devoted a lot of time and lessons to short game and my swing went. Starting to get a nice balance of both now :0) I know you had a bad experience at Bramford but I'd still recommend giving Sarah a chance to help you (makes the game very simple).

I'm not going to diagnose you over t'interweb but go back to basics, grip, posture, alignment. My regular playing partner doesn't hit it very far (about 200 yards with his Driver) and has a consistent left to right shape but he knocks it about nicely to a 19/20 handicap. If your short game is a strong point then play to it.

Wish you the very best fella :0)

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks guys, making me feel more like its the right decision, until i get a club in my hand !

To be fair to Bramford it was my first ever lessons 6 years ago and took most of them to hit a ball nearly straight !

I have had several more lessons up to last year at different venues, i am sure Bramford could sort me out

I now know alot more golf swing theory and what should happen but doing it myself is the issue

If i can just get past that hurdle and drop my handicap below 20 from good accurate shooting instead of hit and hope which i tend to do at present !

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Thanks guys, making me feel more like its the right decision, until i get a club in my hand !

To be fair to Bramford it was my first ever lessons 6 years ago and took most of them to hit a ball nearly straight !

I have had several more lessons up to last year at different venues, i am sure Bramford could sort me out

I now know alot more golf swing theory and what should happen but doing it myself is the issue

If i can just get past that hurdle and drop my handicap below 20 from good accurate shooting instead of hit and hope which i tend to do at present !

Good news :0) Good luck with it all and we'll have to have a game once your confidence has returned :0)