Golf range 'Launch monitor'

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my first go on a launch monitor at the range today - I was curious to find out what kind of swing speed I have.

Anyway, with my 6 iron, I was coming in at around 75mph, but I do feel that I swing well within myself at the moment, trying to ensure I get good contact.

My Driver speed was around 100mph.

Points I noted were, I tend to swing with a slight out to in, and the club face is normally slightly open. I also had a higher flight angle than what would be called great - I presume there is a good chance that these 2 things are linked??

Anyway, can anyone recommend some drills to try to sort this out - I feel that I don't turn properly in my backswing, which doesn't help...

On the plus side, my AD333's are a good fitting ball!!!

:D

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a rule of thumb that the 6 iron speed is typically around 85% of the driver speed.

A 75mph 6 iron and 100mpg driver would be well outside the usual margin for 'typically around', I reckon.

DavidO

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah... My Driver I'm happy to have a good lash at, however, I'm still concentrating more on my connection with the longer irons, so not really swing to fast.

Thats a thing to work on for me now!!