Golf now

Mrstella

Visit site
Hi

i am relatively new player and looking to play 2-3 times per month, I had an email today regarding golfnow and it looks a pretty good deal as I have a few courses that are part of the “hot deals” scheme Ie £99 per year get 1 round essentially free but if me and a mate join it’s around £20 for 2 rounds when split.

so is it to good to be true (can’t find that many uk based reviews), visited my local golf club but when they found out I was relatively new the interest in me joining waned

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Can you actually only play 2 - 3 times a month or is that only what you are playing now?

Joining a club has lots of benefits. Unlimited play for a small monthly fee. Handicaps, competitions, club teams. Societies, roll-ups.. ect. I joined a golf club with my friend. We fell in with a society. Have since joined 2 more sweeps that play on certain nights during the week. Makes life so much easier having so many different people to play with.

I don't believe a club in this climate is going to refuse your money because your new to the game. My club welcomed 60 new members post corona lock down and I know 2 of them joined who had never played golf more than a handful of times. They got handicaps in the 40s.

Get yourself some lessons booked, join a club and get stuck in.

Fabia999

Visit site
Can you actually only play 2 - 3 times a month or is that only what you are playing now?

Joining a club has lots of benefits. Unlimited play for a small monthly fee. Handicaps, competitions, club teams. Societies, roll-ups.. ect. I joined a golf club with my friend. We fell in with a society. Have since joined 2 more sweeps that play on certain nights during the week. Makes life so much easier having so many different people to play with.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi

i am relatively new player and looking to play 2-3 times per month, I had an email today regarding golfnow and it looks a pretty good deal as I have a few courses that are part of the “hot deals” scheme Ie £99 per year get 1 round essentially free but if me and a mate join it’s around £20 for 2 rounds when split.

so is it to good to be true (can’t find that many uk based reviews), visited my local golf club but when they found out I was relatively new the interest in me joining waned

Which area of the country are you in? I can't see many clubs turning down new members of whatever standard.

Mrstella

Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the replies, I live in Gillingham Kent, I could play more than a couple of times a month quite easily hence why I was originally looking at a club, I might look at a few others to see if I get a better respons.

i assume as no one is commenting on the golf now package it’s not all that ?

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the replies, I live in Gillingham Kent, I could play more than a couple of times a month quite easily hence why I was originally looking at a club, I might look at a few others to see if I get a better respons.

Golf now package would be good if you were strictly limited to the amount of times it states. Otherwise your gonna get decent, love golf and want to play far more than that allows in which you are much better joining a club.

Plenty of clubs in my area were doing post lockdown deals where you paid a smaller fee but that covered you until the end of the season. Email a few clubs and see if they are doing anything.

The club doesn't care how good you are. Your 1k subs is just the same as a 15 handicappers 1k subs.

Mannion

Visit site
Golf now is good to get discounted tee times if you can play at specific times midweek to try out new courses but isn't a patch on having a membership somewhere and being able to play more or less whenever you want. Some clubs are also not on it or have the same price for visitors booking direct.

Like others have mentioned a club won't turn you down for being new, assuming it isn't a championship level course.

Mrstella

Visit site
Ok thanks all, they didn’t say no just that they prefer a certain standard so that others are not held up (no it’s not a championship course), will book some lessons with the pro there and see if I get a different vibe ??????

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Hi

Have you got a link to this deal?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi

Have a look at the ridge golf club.

Mrstella

Visit site
That looks a really good deal.....the Hot Deal tee times on Golf Now are usually pretty good.

yes for around me i would get 1 weekend round a month for the £99 (unless of course they changed the deal during it) however I would still prefer to join a club and use that for an away day