Golf memorabilia/ The open

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Evening,

Just wondering if anyone in here collects golf memorabilia as well as plays?
Related, is anyone going to the open this week and aiming to collect/grab some autographs ? Could think of nothing better than watching all the world class players and managing to get them to sign a pin flag at the end of the day! (If anyone wants to take up the challenge on my behalf please PM me ! :D Wishful thinking ehy! )

Last edited:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Not autographs but hoping for a ton of open related freebies once it ends as my young lad will be dismantling all the corporate areas as soon as it ends.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Evening,

Just wondering if anyone in here collects golf memorabilia as well as plays?
Related, is anyone going to the open this week and aiming to collect/grab some autographs ? Could think of nothing better than watching all the world class players and managing to get them to sign a pin flag at the end of the day! (If anyone wants to take up the challenge on my behalf please PM me ! :D Wishful thinking ehy! )

I was at the Scottish Open last week. My mate's fiance who was with us is a mad keen Phil Michelson fan. She was desperate to get his autograph.

This proved to be relatively simple and we waited at the autograph section after he had finished.

Also managed to get Justin Rose and Rickie Fowler. G Mac was also good enough to sign my programme before he walked onto the practice green before his round.

I am a fan of McDowell and it was great to ask him for a signature and he was very polite.
I may get the McDowell and Rose signatures mounted as it could be a cool wee set of two guys I am genuinely a fan of.

I did feel a bit guilty asking Fowler to sign my programme as I am not a particular fan of his. He also appeared not to be particularly enjoying the experience and had minimal interaction with those asking him to sign stuff.

Phil & Rose had a bit of chat and looked like they enjoyed taking 10 minutes to sign some stuff.

However, I didn't get a massive kick out of it. I only waited because it was the end of the day and I knew our friend was really keen to get Phil's signature.

Personally won't bother doing this at the Open and would be happier to watch more golf close up. Appreciate this might be different for players I was really big fans of.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thats pretty exciting ! Make sure you let us know if you get anything !

To add to that, he's currently building at the Senior Open this week at St Andrews then off to Paris on the 13th August to build the Ryder Cup stuff, I'm looking for a ball marker at the very least :whoo:

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I was at the Scottish Open last week. My mate's fiance who was with us is a mad keen Phil Michelson fan. She was desperate to get his autograph.

This proved to be relatively simple and we waited at the autograph section after he had finished.

Also managed to get Justin Rose and Rickie Fowler. G Mac was also good enough to sign my programme before he walked onto the practice green before his round.

I am a fan of McDowell and it was great to ask him for a signature and he was very polite.
I may get the McDowell and Rose signatures mounted as it could be a cool wee set of two guys I am genuinely a fan of.

I did feel a bit guilty asking Fowler to sign my programme as I am not a particular fan of his. He also appeared not to be particularly enjoying the experience and had minimal interaction with those asking him to sign stuff.

Phil & Rose had a bit of chat and looked like they enjoyed taking 10 minutes to sign some stuff.

However, I didn't get a massive kick out of it. I only waited because it was the end of the day and I knew our friend was really keen to get Phil's signature.

Personally won't bother doing this at the Open and would be happier to watch more golf close up. Appreciate this might be different for players I was really big fans of.

By the sound of it Phil is always happy to sign! Would be a dream to get a pin flag signed by him
Appreciate its different for everyone but if i could get a flag signed by any of the following: Mcilroy, Stenson, Tiger, Fowler, Johnson, Kaymer, Spieth, Mickelson i would just be absolutely over the moon! One day hopefully ill get the chance

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
To add to that, he's currently building at the Senior Open this week at St Andrews then off to Paris on the 13th August to build the Ryder Cup stuff, I'm looking for a ball marker at the very least :whoo:

Share the love please !! :D

Im so jealous !

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
By the sound of it Phil is always happy to sign! Would be a dream to get a pin flag signed by him
Appreciate its different for everyone but if i could get a flag signed by any of the following: Mcilroy, Stenson, Tiger, Fowler, Johnson, Kaymer, Spieth, Mickelson i would just be absolutely over the moon! One day hopefully ill get the chance
I’m
A fan of sports memorbelia in general and have a fair amount of stuff including golf stuff.

My favourite is a fully signed photo of the 2010 Ryder cup team (including monty), that I got signed myself at wentworth on one of the practice days in 2011. I also go a signed Kaymer photo and schwartzel.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

If you spent all afternoon at the autograph bit you would get a fair haul of that lot.

I believe Phil signs after every round.

probably easier at smaller events as most big guys will have a lot of media commitments and may not sign. Obviously many Americans will only play 1 event in the UK a year tho.

Titleist3

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was thinking about this the other day and I’d love to have an Open flag signed by a few pros from a tournament I’ve been to. Think it would look ace hanging up in my man cave.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had a strokesaver from last years open. Had it signed by Ricky Fowler. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get it signed myself. I missed the time slot by 2 minutes, but a helper at the open kindly had it signed for me.