Golf Landmark

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Congratulations.

But a pure'd 6 iron for 140 yards, you should be ashamed for putting that on a public forum :eek:;)

To be fair, with the lofts on some of crows old clubs, its probably the equivalent of a modern pitching wedge ?.

Edit: well done Crow!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Congratulations.

But a pure'd 6 iron for 140 yards, you should be ashamed for putting that on a public forum :eek:;)
I know you were only joking, but for information for everyone else.....
Its an elevated tee in the most exposed-to-the-wind spot on the course.
I played that hole last month and pitched a 4-iron into the wind pin-high at the back of the green.
1961 Forgan Powerpakt with about the same shaft length and loft as a Sim Max 6-iron.
Saw one of our opponents hit the front edge with a well struck 7-iron so I felt sure I had chosen the right club.
Not ashamed, but rather proud of my good shot.

@Crow should be as proud as he likes for his shot and ready to tell the world of the satisfaction of doing it with a vintage club.
Just wish he'd filmed it too.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That's it, the 6th.
The first time I played that hole was in a society day where you put £10 in a charity bucket for the chance to win £10k for a hole in one. Just needed you and your 6-iron for that one.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Congratulations Nick - won't you feel bad when you go with another set of clubs for the next round now though? Surely that 6 iron deserves to keep it's place for at least one more round.
Alternatively....It's never going to hit a shot like that again!
Just depends on whether a 'glass half full' vs 'glass half empty' approach. I think most golfers are the former, but can easily become the latter!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Congratulations Nick - won't you feel bad when you go with another set of clubs for the next round now though? Surely that 6 iron deserves to keep it's place for at least one more round.

I usually play a set for about a week so 2 or 3 rounds, these had been in the bag for a week so were on their final round, I'd obviously got used to them! ;)