Golf in the West Midlands

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Thanks for the input chaps. I'll send out a couple of emails today and hopefully get something sorted. I'd quite like FOA, but depends on what price I can sort out. Cheers again for the suggestions though :)

We played FOA around Nov on a golf weekend and I do remember it was very slow. We just about got round before it got dark but had to play the 18th (the par 3 over a valley) as a 7 ball just so we could finish in the light. So just be careful what times they give you as there were a number of very disgruntled golfers who didn't get round as I think it was a 5 hour job.

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another vote for The Warwickshire. They have 2 courses so there may be more chance of getting a tee time on Saturday mornings. From memory you can book online 7 days in advance if you are a visitor. Not sure how many tee times they do have available for visitors on Saturday mornings though, but I;m sure a phone call to them would sort that out. Every time I've played there they have been very friendly and helpful.
I live 2 miles from there. If there are any spaces I'll come along ,providing they don't rip you off.

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'll put forward Lickey Hills GC (or Rose Hill GC as it is also known as). £20 a round at weekends, and is arguably one of the best municipals around. I play a fair bit of my golf up there, and as a student, the prices are great!

Its a nice course, a challenge off the tee's (yellows included) and the give away is in the name, its very hilly! Just as good as most of the courses in the area, having played many of them.

You might even be lucky enough to spot, 'BIG' Ron Atkinson up there (former V****, West Brom, and Man Utd manager) who lives a few yards away in neighbouring Barnt Green. He is a regular at the course, and I've played behind him once. But he doesn't follow the numerical order of the holes!! Odd I know, but I've seen him go from the first, straight to the 9th......