Golf in the West Midlands

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking to book a 4-ball tee-time for the end of November (ambitious I know) in the Rugby/Leamington Spa/West Midlands area, and looking for some suggestions. Have suggested Forest of Arden, but too expensive, and The Astbury is a bit out of the way. So you chaps have any suggestions for me? Will be on a Saturday morning as well, in-case that makes a difference.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Depends on the standard of the course your looking to play and sometimes leaving it until the week before for places like FOA (Arden) and Belfry (PGA) you can get on at times for £40 or less at certain times!

If its a parkland course and the weather is still holding, then my old club Kenilworth is nice along with Leamington & County, Stratford Upon Avon is very nice, but as I say, what are you looking for?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
no need to pay full price at places like Forest of Arden at that time of year. Contact them direct or look on tee off times nearer the time, youll probably get a better deal than you expect. Beware that if theres been a lot of rain previously then it does get pretty boggy (hard to believe thats possible anywhere currently!)

D

Deleted member 18588

Played Whittington Heath a few years ago which was not a bad knock.

I think you can discount Whittington as I believe they do not accept visitors at the week-end. This could prove to be the case with a number of members' clubs in the area.

As others have said it may be best to rely upon a late booking somewhere like Forest of Arden.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think you can discount Whittington as I believe they do not accept visitors at the week-end. This could prove to be the case with a number of members' clubs in the area.

As others have said it may be best to rely upon a late booking somewhere like Forest of Arden.

All the parkland courses I have mentioned will take visitors at weekends, especially "out of season" when comps may not be played, I've played all those clubs I've mentioned at weekends

D

Deleted member 18588

Not a problem as long as you play after 3pm, if no comps are on you can go off earlier by arrangement, usually about 1pm and only £18.

By late November sunset is 4.00pm (ish) so, as I said, could be a struggle.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Does The Warwickshire count as being West Midlands - enjoyed a knock around thjeir Kings course couple of years back. Nice set up all round,

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Does The Warwickshire count as being West Midlands - enjoyed a knock around thjeir Kings course couple of years back. Nice set up all round,

You could say so, Warwickshire surrounds Coventry which is classed as West Midlands, can get a bit boggy though in the winter if the weather turns, not now though obviously

D

Deleted member 18588

You implied the problems were because of weekends, nothing to do with times

Week-ends are a problem at that time of the year if you can't tee off before 3.00pm or even 1.00pm when there could weel be many members still looking to get round a bit sharpish. So yes it does have something to do with times.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Week-ends are a problem at that time of the year if you can't tee off before 3.00pm or even 1.00pm when there could weel be many members still looking to get round a bit sharpish. So yes it does have something to do with times.

Nice back tracking and spin, thought you'd left anyway :smirk:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the input chaps. I'll send out a couple of emails today and hopefully get something sorted. I'd quite like FOA, but depends on what price I can sort out. Cheers again for the suggestions though :)

wrighty1874

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stonebridge will probably let you on any time after 11am, and West Midlands probably will do the same. Newbold Comyn is the muni course in Leamington and used to be ranked 3rd best muni in England.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Another vote for The Warwickshire. They have 2 courses so there may be more chance of getting a tee time on Saturday mornings. From memory you can book online 7 days in advance if you are a visitor. Not sure how many tee times they do have available for visitors on Saturday mornings though, but I;m sure a phone call to them would sort that out. Every time I've played there they have been very friendly and helpful.