Golf in the rain

Diamond

Visit site
I was caught in a rainstorm yesterday and it was that bad I bailed at the 6th. Now I have played all sports in the rain but my grip was non existent which got me thinking whether I should purchase some rain gloves? I have seen some footjoy ones for about £15 and was wondering if the rain gloves will be the answer to poor grip in the rain.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rain gloves are excellent in the rain.
some people wear gloves on both hands but I struggle with that, so only wear one glove on my left hand as normal.

its more about adjusting expectations too. Easier to take one extra club and swing smooth ensuring you have a solid grip

D

Deleted Member 1156

Save yourself some money and buy a pair of marigolds, just as effective and highly unlikely anyone will say you look like a wally ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely go for the Macwets. Brilliant in the rain. As I use a trolley I normally keep an old towel and a few extra gloves in the bottom of my bag in case it buckets down. I also have a waterproof cap as I wear glasses and the peak does help keep the water off

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Macwets are the market leader, I have some mizuno rain gloves which have never let me down.

I'd recommend getting a pair, not a single glove. I originally bought a single but then never quite trusted my wet, slippy right hand. Since buying a pair the rain has never bothered me once. They give so much confidence, a highly recommended buy.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Macwets are the market leader, I have some mizuno rain gloves which have never let me down.

I'd recommend getting a pair, not a single glove. I originally bought a single but then never quite trusted my wet, slippy right hand. Since buying a pair the rain has never bothered me once. They give so much confidence, a highly recommended buy.

Mizuno's for me too, top results (just wish it rained a bit more often so I could get the use of them)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Save yourself some money and buy a pair of marigolds, just as effective and highly unlikely anyone will say you look like a wally ;)
My FiL actually did this, too tight to buy proper gloves. Anyway, they didn't really work for him and they had torn by the end of the round. He didn't repeat the experiment.