Golf In Spain

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used ClubMurcia in the past and they were excellent. Probably better to book IRM courses direct though, they had some really good offers on when we booked. Think it was something like 150 euros for a week unlimited golf.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Keele,

I'm of to Mar Menor on Sunday ;)

I booked via the pro shop. Called them up, booked the tee time w/ buggies, all to be paid on arrival. There really isn't much discount to be had with these discount websites etc, maybe a few euros, but thats about it.

When are you going? Playing any of the other IRM courses? I'm a big fan of Saurines.

www.keeledrivingrange.co.uk
Hi Keele,

I'm of to Mar Menor on Sunday ;)

I booked via the pro shop. Called them up, booked the tee time w/ buggies, all to be paid on arrival. There really isn't much discount to be had with these discount websites etc, maybe a few euros, but thats about it.

When are you going? Playing any of the other IRM courses? I'm a big fan of Saurines.

Hi Duffer,

I am going May 4th for 4 nights. Stopping at the Mar Menor Resort and hoping to play Saurines, El Valle, Mar Menor and possibly Roda too depending on how much time we have. Saurines looks fantastic on the few pics online I can see. Is it as impressive in the flesh so to speak?

Have a great time in MM and I'll be happy to take on any course management tips you may have when you get back ;)

Last edited:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mar Menor, El Valle and La Torre are the pick of the IRM courses. If you get chance, get down to Las Ramblas or Las Colinas, both spectacular courses in that area.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd go Las Ramblas over Roda for actual golf, but the food at Roda is spectacular. The cheesecake I had there was one of the best I've ever had. Would go back just for the food.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Duffer,

I am going May 4th for 4 nights. Stopping at the Mar Menor Resort and hoping to play Saurines, El Valle, Mar Menor and possibly Roda too depending on how much time we have. Saurines looks fantastic on the few pics online I can see. Is it as impressive in the flesh so to speak?

Have a great time in MM and I'll be happy to take on any course management tips you may have when you get back ;)

Sounds like you got some good bookings! Saurines is impressive. Some of the back nine is a touch "messy" as they haven't finished building the properties around the course (and I don't know if they ever will) but other than that I love it. The sand off the fairway is playable, but makes for a real test of golf. More about plotting your way round rather than just smashing driver every time.

I'm looking forward to Mar Menor. I know you're not booked for La Torre, I'd not bother. Last time I played there it wasn't all that (last October).

I'm also playing Las Ramblas on Friday, which is a great great course. It's as close to a professional "TV worthy" golf course as I've ever played. And it's a test. Can be slow on weekends though. Not played Las Colinas, but everyone says thats great too so will be playing there whenever I can next!