Golf hand tan

Fabia999

Visit site
Its now been sunny the last two times I've played and I've already started to notice the tan line where my glove sits on my left hand.

What are you thoughts on this? How do you stop it? or is this apart of the golfing life?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Its now been sunny the last two times I've played and I've already started to notice the tan line where my glove sits on my left hand.

What are you thoughts on this? How do you stop it? or is this apart of the golfing life?

move to Japan, you will be considered wealthy, the chicks will be all over you;)

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

don't wear a glove

take it off between shots

put up with the tan

I think that's basically your three options

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just back from USA on golf trip.
Looks like I have had a hand transplant my hand is white as I wear my glove all the time.
Only wear glove when hitting shots is the answer.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You can also put your non-glove hand into your pocket in-between shots, then at least they'll be the same!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Move to the NE, never an issue in all of the years I have been playing here :D. Sun, tan, ha ha ha ha

A white hand is less of an issue than a white forehead caused by a cap. They really do look silly. If you want to scare yourself look up white forehead Stewart Cink :eek:

On a more serious note, I am surprised non pro's are having this issue. We only play golf for a few hours, the odd few days. Surely your hand is out in the open the rest of the time?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I stopped it getting nearly as bad when I began taking my glove off to putt. If I've managed to find the green with my approach then the glove comes off straight away while I'm walking up. Get a bit of sun on the hand that way, it'll probably still be slightly paler than the right hand, but not as noticeable.

Alternatively, when you've finished your round and you're sitting outside the clubhouse enjoying a pint, put a glove on your right hand instead and leave the left hand outstretched on the table to balance them out. :D

D

Deleted member 1147

Take your glove off between shots - it allows the tan, and by having it hang out of your back pocket makes you look like a tour pro (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine used to have a soft top. One weekend he drove from Newcastle to York, a classic straight line south. Hood down, he forgot to put suncream on. That evening he was sat in the bar, saw his reflection and realised one half of his face was red and the other white, split right down the middle :LOL:.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Take your glove off between shots - it stops the tan, and by having it hang out of your back pocket makes you look like a tour pro (y)
This. However as a baldie (how/when did that happen?) I have to wear a cap at all times in the sun and so I'm now in danger of getting the cap line on my forehead where the sun gets the rest of my face.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This. However as a baldie (how/when did that happen?) I have to wear a cap at all times in the sun and so I'm now in danger of getting the cap line on my forehead where the sun gets the rest of my face.
I had this problem but have solved it.
On my hols came across a hat called a soaker.
You soak the hat in water and it keeps you cool for hours.
Stetson style.
Look a bit of a knob but it keeps the sun off your face and ears / back of neck it’s brilliant.

D

Deleted member 21258

I tend to use this:-
tan.jpg

Solved the problem for me, give it a go.