Golf glove

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds to me like he uses it to harden his skin to avoid cuts. I can see how that would work.

I remember going to the range once and forgetting my glove, so I started hitting shots without one to see how it would work... I think my hand started to get torn to pieces within about 10 shots :D
Think gloves were only used when the pros started practicing a lot to stop blisters.
They got used to wearing them so just did it when playing .
No real need for one just preference.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sounds to me like he uses it to harden his skin to avoid cuts. I can see how that would work.

I remember going to the range once and forgetting my glove, so I started hitting shots without one to see how it would work... I think my hand started to get torn to pieces within about 10 shots :D
If I practice too much I can blisters even with a glove (not sure what that says about my grip!) but I use surgical spirit to harden it up. Granted it makes your eyes water a tad on broken skin but does the job and hardens it nicely. I've also started using some plaster strip on my weakest point on the hand

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No surprise here. Those that wear one and have done for sometime cannot imagine playing without one. Those who haven't used one for sometime or ever cannot see the need for or point of having one.

There is no advantage or disadvantage to either way, as shown clearly by good players on both sides of the issue. Of course those on each side feel there is an advantage or disadvantage.

Me - I couldn't be without one and feel there is an advantage having one lol

D

Deleted member 23344

I use one all the time. I once went to the range without one and my thumb was blistered in no time. I’m too lazy to take it off during a round, so it goes on at the 1st tee and only comes off after I have putted out on the 18th.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I haven’t worn a glove for three years. I can’t see the point. The only time I have was when it was absolutely pouring down and I felt the club slip a bit, so I put on rain gloves. My playing partner stopped wearing one 6 months ago and now says he gets a much better feel of the club.
I can understand years ago with leather grips it was needed, but with modern grips there is no necessity.
I don’t know how hard some of you grip but I never get blisters on my hand.
The only thing I have is a patch of hard skin where my wedding ring is, but I had that when I wore a glove.

Nickrat

Club Champion
Visit site
If I practice too much I can blisters even with a glove (not sure what that says about my grip!) but I use surgical spirit to harden it up. Granted it makes your eyes water a tad on broken skin but does the job and hardens it nicely. I've also started using some plaster strip on my weakest point on the hand

That's because you have pot washers hands :)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It must have been rubbish super glue or else he applied it, kept his hand open and allowed it to dry. Decent super glue is feisty stuff and not to be messed with.

On a dull note, I would not have thought the chemicals in it would be too great on your skin.

Apparently a type of super glue was originally invented to close wounds. The late great Stevie Ray Vaughan used to use it as his heavy gauge strings used to rips his fingers up.

https://www.healthline.com/health/super-glue-on-cuts

Waitforme

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apparently a type of super glue was originally invented to close wounds. The late great Stevie Ray Vaughan used to use it as his heavy gauge strings used to rips his fingers up.

https://www.healthline.com/health/super-glue-on-cuts

If I get cuts or hacks on my fingers I use super glue to stick it together.
Always wear a glove because it feels strange without. I don’t think there is any grip advantage though

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Glove in the summer (sweaty). No glove in winter (no sweaty). Although, last time out it was a bit misty and my hands got a bit damp and I nearly lost a seven iron in a tree.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Sounds like he was using the Superglue like "New Skin" which adds a layer of stuff over cuts. I get little cracks and splits in my fingers in winter and use New Skin. Use a glove except for chipping/putting, but still get the little splits in cold weather.