Golf club fitting days.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I often see clubs advertising a Ping club fitting day or Taylor Made or whatever and they tell you to book a slot, usually 30 to 45 minutes long. Just wondering what the manufacturer expects from the people that turn up, can’t imagine they are going to fit you out with new irons and then you just walk away saying thanks for that, it was good fun. I know not everyone is going to purchase something but is that what they are hoping for? Or is it more just to sow a seed so you can go away and think about it then maybe purchase later. Every time I see one advertised I think should I but never have done. What would be my experience if I did?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
they usually pass on the fitting specs to the club and they get the clubs in if you want them.

I've done a few this year and TBH, i found the distance you hit the fiiting cart clubs wildly different to stock clubs on sale. Usually an exercise to flog you clubs from Most OEM's TBH only guy i trust is the Mizuno guy who always owns up when what ever he has me hitting isn't as good as what i already have.

TM and Titliest being the worste

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is often a charge for booking a slot with some of the manufacturers where I play. I do not know if this goes to the club fitter or the local pro.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A couple of years ago I did a Titleist Thursday free fitting session for their drivers. I didn't hit it that great on the day, plus it was really windy so the results were pretty useless. But he emailed me the data directly, plus the full spec of the driver set-up we ended up with. I think I could have contacted him straight back to sort out a purchase if I wanted to, having thought it over. (I didn't bother though obviously.) He really didn't push me to complete a purchase while I was there though or anything, like I thought he might do. I'd have thought the vast majority don't buy anything on the spot.