Golf Club Cleaning

Donscone

Hacker
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am in the process of cleaning up my clubs sharpening the grooves and re gripping. When I have been sharpening the grooves the white paint in the grooves has come out and I would like to add this back. Is it as simple as getting some nail polish and adding them back in or is it a specific type of paint?

Cheers

Don

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Guys

I am in the process of cleaning up my clubs sharpening the grooves and re gripping. When I have been sharpening the grooves the white paint in the grooves has come out and I would like to add this back. Is it as simple as getting some nail polish and adding them back in or is it a specific type of paint?

Cheers

Don

The small tins of enamel that you can buy from model shops are ideal.
Make sure the club is clean and dry, put the paint on with a small brush, then wipe with some tissue wrapped around a flat edge (ruler is ideal). HTH's

Donscone

Hacker
Visit site
Cheers for getting back to me Mungo. I will give that a go.

I will take some before and after pics and post on here once done.

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
The sharpeners are great for getting grooves clean, but 9 times out of 10 alter depth and width therefore legality of the club it has been used on. Also be careful when the groove cleaner slips as it can gouge the heel and toe areas of the clubs.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What do you do to get your clubs so dirty. I wipe mine after every shot and tend to clean the grooves as I go with a tee. They are ready for the next shot and I give the heads and grips a wipe every two weeks just to keep them looking good but the heads never need more than a quick going over with a nail brush and lukewarm soapy water to get any remnants out

Donscone

Hacker
Visit site
Did some work on the clubs on Sunday. I have re gripped them cleaned them up (they needed cleaning as previous owner didn’t clean properly) and I have re painted the numbers in green instead of black and painted the bottom groove lines.

The cleaning was hard work sat for hours with a rotary wire brush but I think they have come out really well. I had a before but my phone has not saved it properly so you can’t really see how they were.

My Golf Clubs 2.jpgMy Golf Clubs.jpgMy Golf Clubs 1.jpg