Golf can be a dangerous business

AdamC28

Visit site
Not nice at all.
I wonder if this was from his own shot that came back off a tree or just from being stood too close to a playing partner.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Grim hi.

My mate took a swipe with an old ram hybrid and the head came off and flew an inch past my head. Say I'd be dead had it hit me.

Can be seriously dangerous this game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was hit on the head this season gone.
Knocked me out .
Had a brain scan but no real damage .
NHS were fantastic.
No shout , bell went off in my head and I woke up in an ambulance.
Put me out for eight weeks.
Very scary for the family.
Have made myself a golf crash helmet that fits in my cap, won’t play without one now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Playing companion got hit full pelt on back of head from mishit tee shots ten paces away. he wasn’t knocked out but did collapse. If it had hit side of head or his face who knows...

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chap at our course got a club in the face after one of his playing partners decide to have a practice swing without realising he was stood too close to him. The blow was around the eye and he is still waiting a couple of months later for an op to realign the lens of one eye.

Wolf

Visit site
Was playing in a junior medal at Gillingham many years ago walking up the 9th hole when we heard a shout but by time we readied ourselves for it my playing partner was on the deck with claret everywhere. The offending ball had bounced off a downslope and straight up into his mouth, teeth were lost and he was in a right state, he got rushed to hospital to get checked out. By far the worst thing I've ever seen on a golf course and make you realise the perils of a stray shot.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had my toe broken at the cooden meet a couple of years back ,a huge shank with a four iron from one of my pp and the end result was having to have my big toe nail removed .also slipped on a railway sleeper and had 17 months off work with the resultant injury.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Young lad 15yrs old in Alder Hey years ago my mates little girl was in after surgery.
Got talking to his dad he told me his son had been giving his mate a golf lesson and the lad had swung the club and hit him on the back of the neck.
It damaged his spinal cord and killed him.
They were keeping him alive to use his organs .
That was a sobering conversation.
Golf is a very dangerous sport when you don’t take care.