Golf Book Recommendations

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just great how I found myself really rooting for these guys as they battled through the PGA season.

I've read it 4 times i think and it never gets dull or repetitive. Feinstein's follow up 'The Majors' was a really good read too but i would imagine a bit more difficult to get a copy whereas i've seen copies of AGWS still stocked in some bookshops in recent times.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm currently reading a book by Norman Dabell called Natural Hazard, a diary of his time as a journalist during the nineties and early 2000's. Tis a very good read and the early years provide a really good insight into life in and around the tour in its less cosseted days.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Feinstein books are great.
From a slightly different angle I think PG Wodehouse is one of the great English humorous writers. He wrote quite a few short stories about golf.
They are available in an omnibus edition, wonderful if you enjoy his writing.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just checked my collection of books and The Scorecard Never Lies by Chris Lewis, a book about the 2006 PGA Tour season, is a good read too. But it could also be another that is difficult to get a copy.

Citizen

Visit site
During the Summer i read Tom Cox's - Bring me the head of Sergio Garcia, really good and very funny.

Now reading John Richardson's - Dream on: One hacker's challenge to break par in a year, its also really good.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
"Slaying the Tiger" by Shane Ryan is very good. If you can get hold of the US print version even better, as it has the Patrick Reed stuff that had to be edited out of the UK version (apparently because as our libel laws are much stricter than in the US)