Golf Bags Zips

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can only comment on my experience and, incidentally, on that of two regular golfing mates who had H2No bags well before I bought mine and who also have never had a problem with the zips.

Maybe it's a SE London climate thing :unsure::sneaky:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Can only comment on my experience and, incidentally, on that of two regular golfing mates who had H2No bags well before I bought mine and who also have never had a problem with the zips.

Maybe it's a SE London climate thing :unsure::sneaky:

And I can only comment on my experience. That being that welded zips are ?

?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Anyone used Stromberg bags? I've got it narrowed down to the Hoofer or a Stromberg (choice of two) for my next purchase.

Stromberg not exactly known for their bags, and relatively new to that market. Ping Hoofer's been around for a long while and generally get decent reviews. We've had two Hoofers in the house and had no complaints so far.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stromberg not exactly known for their bags, and relatively new to that market. Ping Hoofer's been around for a long while and generally get decent reviews. We've had two Hoofers in the house and had no complaints so far.

Hmmm, that's why I can't find any reviews on the net. BUT, one of their bags looks EXACTLY like a Forgan one which is rated THE BEST. Soooooooooo......oh and it's £50 cheaper. Yes,yes I know you get what you pay for. The Hoofer bag has got a few moans over storage and I can't find a cooler pocket on any of the pictures, and the zips aren't as long to open the pockets. BUT the Hoofer bag is much better colour and obvoiously has fans on here. Also. I was at the golf club of the year 2022 on Monday and they had some in the pro shop. OMG! They won't be selling any at those prices. The zips seemed ok though. I did notice that the pockets weren't that big.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the Stomberg bags looks cool and has individual holes for each club with a nick in them to hold each club completely still in the bag. It's ticking all the boxes. But no reviews.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well two days spent on this and as far as I can tell from pictures, ALL waterproof bags seem to have the same type of zip closing. So therefore it don't matter which one to choose as they can all fail. A better solution, in my opinion, would be to have sturdy zips with a flap to cover them with to prevent water from getting in. As I have been perusing all the bags available I been thinking...yup had one of them, they're rubbish over and over. I want a waterproof one for trips away as it's sometimes not possible to dry everything out after a soaking and playing the next day with wet gear is blurg. I'll keep on searching, you never know......

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well two days spent on this and as far as I can tell from pictures, ALL waterproof bags seem to have the same type of zip closing. So therefore it don't matter which one to choose as they can all fail. A better solution, in my opinion, would be to have sturdy zips with a flap to cover them with to prevent water from getting in. As I have been perusing all the bags available I been thinking...yup had one of them, they're rubbish over and over. I want a waterproof one for trips away as it's sometimes not possible to dry everything out after a soaking and playing the next day with wet gear is blurg. I'll keep on searching, you never know......
I have a ping monsoon cart bag.
Ping have shortened the zips so they don’t have to go around corners like most golf bags.
This makes getting anything out really difficult as there is only just enough room to get my hand in.
They may fix this problem with this approach but it makes storage difficult.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a ping monsoon cart bag.
Ping have shortened the zips so they don’t have to go around corners like most golf bags.
This makes getting anything out really difficult as there is only just enough room to get my hand in.
They may fix this problem with this approach but it makes storage difficult.

Hmmmm, that's what I've read. Tracking a few in different places.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bag purchased. Rife. Never had one of these before. GM gave it good reviews......so it must be good eh? I was thinking, I've had some bloomin' bags in my time. The best was a Wilson, bought for my birthday one year. It lasted for years, I only replaced it as it was tatty, very tatty. All the zips still worked. How long will this new bag last? My last two bags haven't gone 12 months use without one of the zips breaking.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wahey, another zip gone. This time on a "STA-DRY" but not anymore, golf bag. It's onlt been in use for 10 months (I've had it for 18) so am in discussion with where I've purchased it from. I don't hold out any hope really. It's really hissing me off. How hard can it be for bag manufacturers to make sure the zips are fit for purpose? The best ones I've ever seen were on a bag I bought, but the wife now has. PING! Big chunky zips. You can feel them open and close when you move the fastener. Smooth as silk. No sign of them breaking. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a new bag with special attention to be paid to the zips on them!!!!
I would expect Titleist and their supplier to look after you.