Golf and business - a mistake?

ace_in_the_pack

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ian Poulter wants to become as successful off the greens as Greg Norman was in his heyday but could this be a mistake as he looks to win his maiden major.

I think he could easily get distracted from the golf as shown by some of his fashion choices - which are great for the game by the way - but Poults is clearly someone who wants to make the most of his time in the game and this may be an error in judgement.

Although it worked for the Great White Shark I suppose.

Trueblue

Head Pro
Visit site
Doesn't poulter first of all need to have the status and the achievements to even think about diversifying? Do like what his dress sense brings to the game but he does leave himself looking pretty stupid when he is dressed like a clown and then shots an 80!

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah it's hard to think of Ian Poulter in the same breath as a player like Greg Norman. Norman was a hugely charismatic player with a big reputation before he went into the business side of things. Poulter...isn't. Not yet anyway. It's almost like he's just using golf as a stepping stone to having his own business empire.

Severiano798488

Club Champion
Visit site
He needs to prove a few doubters wrong on the course first

When he turned up with a claret jug on his trousers at the Open Ballesteros said it was the closest he'd ever get to the trophy. A bit harsh, but that's the perception some people have of him.

I really admired the way he bounced back at the end of last season after missing out on the Ryder Cup team though