GM Book Club

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Received my first book today!!! :)

Preferred Lies by Andrew Greig.

Many thanks to GM for sending it. Now I have a good book to read.
Review to follow.

Anyone read the book already? What did you think?

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi
Read Preferrred Lies earlier this year - liked it a lot but it might not appeal to everyone.
It's a bit like 'life, death, the whole damn thing' - but great golfing locations and great writing.
(More of a review on my blog but the link won't play the game right now - check 'golf books' tag)
What's this GM book club - do they send you one a month?

AliB

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi. Read it a bit back. Liked some of the courses he describes, but he goes on a bit. I'm sorry about his dad and all that, but we all had one at some stage... Thread just pre-empted my own request. The quack is just about to prescribe some indoor .R&R, so need some suggestions in the line of reading

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
hi Ali
If you register your interest with GM they will send the books for you to read and ask you to submit a review.After you have given the review you are then asked to post the book on to another member of the club.Every 6 months you can send your reciepts in and GM will refund your postage etc. You cant get fairer than that.

Id also like to take this oportunity to congratulate you on your article in the new GM.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I received my first book yesterday. While I am desperately trying to reserve judgement until reading it, the blurb, cover and title fill me with little confidence:

"Gauntlet Golf" by Jerry Moore

Still, you never know...

As soon as I finish my current two books, I can get started!

T

thecraw

YOU HAVE ALL BROKEN THE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FIRST RULE OF BOOK CLUB IS, ............ YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT BOOK CLUB!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I received mine as well, Mental Toughness for Golf.

Ali, GM asked for volunteers a little while ago, a la the gear testers, we here were those lucky enough to be selected.

I suspect they've taken a cross-section of experience to balance out the opinions.