Glasses & Golf

Slaighty

Club Champion
Visit site
Being short sighted I have to wear glasses for golf, not normally an issue, except when it rains. Its really annoying to have spots of water in your vision on any shot, and if its really chucking it down theres nothing to dry them on either. What do other glasses wearers do? I can't wear contacts cos my eyeballs are oval or something, and I lose some clarity of vision.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I wear glasses and so I know the problem. I tend to make sure I wear a cap so at least soem of the rain is kept off. I also tendo to carry two spare hankies to clean them with (once they get too damp they smear).

Its just something we have to live with. I try and make sure that for tee shots at least my glasses are as clean as possible.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I can't wear contacts cos my eyeballs are oval or something, and I lose some clarity of vision.

If this is an 'astigmatism' you are referring to - i.e. 'rugby ball ' shaped eyeballs then modern contact technology can deal with that no problems (clicks fingers).

Aside from that it's the baseball-style cap although i'm looking at one of these Gore Tex GG fisherman style hats for all round 'brim' at the moment as it seems to be a good idea in the sun (protecting neck , ears and bald pate) in the summer and protecting glasses and collar in the rain.

Something like this

http://www.galvingreen.com/galvin-green/productinfo/388577/

Not sure if the brim (sides)will inhibit the swing though

:D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm fed up with glasses.....I wore contacts for 10 years, then one day couldn't tolerate them any more. I'm saving for lazer surgery.....

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
nother glasses wearer-also suffer from Astigmatism-wore contacts when i played hurling & football and the clarify was missing could never wear them constantly as a result-though of laser surgery but would need reasing glasses-work at a pc all day-pointless getting surgery and still needing glasses-so i wear baseball cap with goretex-carry hankies as Homer said and generally try to keep the glasses dry.
Its a bugger but thems the breaks in life.

B

birdieman

Another speccy here, I have decided to wear daily throwaway contacts for golf this year, happy to wear glasses the rest of the time.
For wet weather golf I have a waxproof bucket hat thing which sits low so keeps rain off the galsses really well. Just need to apply Nikwax or equivalent every so often.

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes baseball cap for me too and the extra dry cloths.
i also find the steaming up a pain, wether its my breath blowing back at me in the cold or just the she heat coming off me that can be just as annoying as the rain.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a selection of hats.....doesn't stop the misting though! Should be ok now until the winter....