An eye-watering problem!

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yesterday I played on a rather cold and windy day and my eyes started to water rather a lot (as they usually do in such conditions). Every time I looked down to play a shot my vision became blurred and tear drops fell onto my reactolite specs to compound the problem. OK I can wear contact lenses, but because I am slowly developing cataracts, I have been advised by my optician to always wear sun glasses when outside in bright conditions, so that doesn't really solve the problem either, except in very dim conditions. Do others suffer from this problem and, if so, how do they deal with it? :)

D

Deleted Member 1156

That's a good idea Rick, although I would have to wear contact lenses and put up with a certain amount of ridicule from my playing companions I suspect! :)

Shouldn't be a problem, you put up with enough on here :D

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a good idea Rick, although I would have to wear contact lenses and put up with a certain amount of ridicule from my playing companions I suspect! :)

Is it not possible to get wrap round prescription lenses?

When Mr Mimms stopped wearing glasses after wearing them for 50+ years, he had a lot of problem with watering eyes

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Wraparound, or simply bigger, lenses should help.

A mate uses large, prescription (note the comma) reacting lenses quite happily.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yes it happens to me also, I often rush the shot to try and get it over with before I'm blinded... I then proceed to get very angry and blame the watery eye problem for my bad shot :rant:

It's usually the wind that causes it for me...

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Yes it happens to me also, I often rush the shot to try and get it over with before I'm blinded... I then proceed to get very angry and blame the watery eye problem for my bad shot :rant:

It's usually the wind that causes it for me...

I am normally OK in cold or windy conditions by themselves. It's the combination of the two that usually gets me! :mmm:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yesterday I played on a rather cold and windy day and my eyes started to water rather a lot (as they usually do in such conditions). Every time I looked down to play a shot my vision became blurred and tear drops fell onto my reactolite specs to compound the problem. OK I can wear contact lenses, but because I am slowly developing cataracts, I have been advised by my optician to always wear sun glasses when outside in bright conditions, so that doesn't really solve the problem either, except in very dim conditions. Do others suffer from this problem and, if so, how do they deal with it? :)

Is that why you miss so many... Forget about it. Have you tried eye drops??

Maybe Rickg has a point, can you rock some oakeys? A yellow lense for Low light ?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site

Quit golf?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site