Glasgow Rangers

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Why should those so called SCOTTISH Rangers fans who behaved like animals possibly jeopardise ENGLANDS World Cup hosting chances? What the hell has it to do with England, apart from the fact that the final was held in Manchester?

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
As a Rangers fan who attended the UEFA Cup final in Manchester and enjoyed the event despite some woeful organisation

I love this type of statement - can you expand on UEFA's inadiquacies (sorry for spelling) or your too high expectations?
I think he's meaning the inadequacies of Manchester council, not UEFA?

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got it one. The council (and First TransPennine)

Went to the Piccadilly Fan zone at 1pm

There were only two stalls, one selling UEFA merchandise and the other selling alcohol, no food was available. There were only 10 toilets; you had to leave the fanzine to get to the others. There were only 300 extra for the estimated 100,000 people. T in the park has double this amount for 80,000 people. There were no extra bins available (this might not be allowed for security purposes??). The “entertainment” you could not hear due to poor sound system, so all you had was a loop on the big screens of Rangers’ highlights in previous rounds which amounted to all of ten seconds. :D

Didn’t stay at the fanzine for longer than 30 mins. I also heard that you could not see the screen in another fan zone due to the fading sunlight on it as little thought had gone into the locations and also the well documented fact there was no backup live feed

At the ground the first two gates were closed at the outer perimeter of the stadium for UEFA delegates only. On walking up to the third gate police were turning fans with West stand tickets back to the first two closed gates.

After the game it was Piccadilly train station that thousands of fans had problems in getting away from Manchester. We arrived at 10.30pm to get a train to Leeds (where we were staying) and the 10.40 train was full. The next train at 23.19 was did not appear at the displayed platform (no trains appeared at Platform 13 and 14 at all). The 23.59 was scheduled to leave from platform 8 but was changed to Platform 2 at last minute As I was with my dad who is getting on a bit we were unable to run to Platform two and as a result we did not get on this train even though we had booked seats on this one. The 01.38 train was cancelled(as were all services just after midnight) so we were faced with a night on the station floor with no food or water (as police closed the station) “Luckily” I had a card from a Leeds taxi firm so I paid £100 for a taxi to get us back to our hotel.

There was neither one extra train nor extra carriages on normal timetabled services. Trains just sat at the station full of people with no announcements of any cancellations.

Shops would only sell beer by the crate only and I also paid £7.90 for two tins of beer (Would not sell draught in a glass which was fair enough) in a pub

Overall it many fans opinion it appears that the council spent little on providing any real facilities but were more than happy for you to come and spend your money and indeed boasted that £25 million would be brought into Manchester.

Tried to keep that as brief as possible :eek: :eek: