GHIN Course Condition Differential

Hoganman1

Visit site
I'm sure this has been covered before, but can someone please explain this for me? Yesterday I shot 83. I checked GNIN this morning and there was a -1 in the PCC differential column. What does the minus mean for my score and what would a +1 mean?
Thanks

wjemather

Visit site
It means that the scores returned on the course yesterday were significantly better than would be expected under normal playing conditions and so the Course Rating was effectively reduced by one stroke. When the reverse is true and the scores are significantly worse, the PCC can be +1, +2 or +3, effectively increasing the Course Rating by 1, 2 or 3 strokes. These adjustments have a corresponding affect on all score differentials on the day.

As for your score, with a -1 PCC you would need to have scored one stroke better than with a 0 PCC to achieve the same differential. Conversely with a +1 PCC, one stroke worse would achieve the same differential as on a 0 PCC day.

Another way of looking at it is that when PCC is -1, you've effectively scored a stroke worse for handicapping than on a normal day; when PCC is +1, you've scored a stroke better, etc.

Hoganman1

Visit site
It means that the scores returned on the course yesterday were significantly better than would be expected under normal playing conditions and so the Course Rating was effectively reduced by one stroke. When the reverse is true and the scores are significantly worse, the PCC can be +1, +2 or +3, effectively increasing the Course Rating by 1, 2 or 3 strokes. These adjustments have a corresponding affect on all score differentials on the day.

As for your score, with a -1 PCC you would need to have scored one stroke better than with a 0 PCC to achieve the same differential. Conversely with a +1 PCC, one stroke worse would achieve the same differential as on a 0 PCC day.

Another way of looking at it is that when PCC is -1, you've effectively scored a stroke worse for handicapping than on a normal day; when PCC is +1, you've scored a stroke better, etc.

Thanks! That makes perfect sense.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find this quite confusing, earlier in the season we had a day when several players scored 36 or better in Stableford and we had a PCC of 1, last week no one was within 4 of playing to their handicap and PCC was zero.
I know it is not the same as CSS but it is rather puzzling

wjemather

Visit site
I find this quite confusing, earlier in the season we had a day when several players scored 36 or better in Stableford and we had a PCC of 1, last week no one was within 4 of playing to their handicap and PCC was zero.
I know it is not the same as CSS but it is rather puzzling
Are you just looking at the competition results, or all scores returned on the course (from all tees) those days? Remember PCC takes into account all scores on the day (comps & general play), whereas CSS only looked at the specific competition scores (and ridiculously, comps on the same day in the same conditions often had a different CSS).

Also, what is the play to handicap Stableford score, i.e. 36 - (CR-par)?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you just looking at the competition results, or all scores returned on the course (from all tees) those days? Remember PCC takes into account all scores on the day (comps & general play), whereas CSS only looked at the specific competition scores (and ridiculously, comps on the same day in the same conditions often had a different CSS).

Also, what is the play to handicap Stableford score, i.e. 36 - (CR-par)?
yes CR is pretty much par, I know that it is not just the comp score but I know that very few people put in general play scores at our course