Gerrard to retire

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
On Gerrard.......one of the best box to box midfielders of our generation and one of the best players I saw at OT. Who knows whether he will make a good coach/manager. Being a leader off the pitch is a bit different to being a leader on it.

TBH, i wonder why he would want to do it. Just play golf (not at Hillside though) and spend half the year at the holiday home in Barbados :)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
On Gerrard.......one of the best box to box midfielders of our generation and one of the best players I saw at OT. Who knows whether he will make a good coach/manager. Being a leader off the pitch is a bit different to being a leader on it.

TBH, i wonder why he would want to do it. Just play golf (not at Hillside though) and spend half the year at the holiday home in Barbados :)

Loved it today when Dan Walker asked Owen, Scholes or Gerrard? and Scholes just went phhhh like did he really need to ask.:)

D

Deleted member 16999

Ignoring the cheap jibes although I'll give you the team, the point seems the same to me. Why go to such a big club, especially one abroad as your first managerial role. He clearly thought he knew enough to do it as did the Valencia board to appoint him. His record clearly showed he was way out of his depth and what he thought he knew to do the job wasn't good enough
One huge fact you missed, the Valencia current owner is Peter Lim, he is also involved with Nevilles, Scholes etc in Salford and in hotel deals with them, Lim knew Neville didn't speak spanish had limited coaching experience etc, I think it's more Lim knew the risk he was taking offering Neville the job and let's be honest Neville would've been daft to turn it down and as Junior said he had the balls to give it a go.