Gauging interest - Muirfield - Tuesday 5th March 2013

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good morning gents.

I was fortunate enough to have a day playing with a member at Muirfield yesterday. To say that it was the best experience in my golfing life would be somewhat of an understatement - it really is just as good as the hype would have you believe and is no doubt worthy of its third successive number one spot in the GM Top 100.

The green fees are £195 for one round in the summer season, but 'only' £110 in the winter. Visitor days are Tuesdays and Thursdays and times are already filling up fast ahead of the Open being held there next year.

I wonder if anyone fancies playing the course and having lunch in the clubhouse afterwards (a memorable experience in itself!!) on Tuesday 5th March next year? I am most certainly not in a position to outlay that kind of money in advance on behalf of anyone, but would intend to book a fourball at a time, in the hope that we might get two, three or maybe even four fourballs. We're probably looking at circa £140 for the day (coffee, 18 holes of golf and then three course lunch) so I'd be looking for debit/credit card details via PM to confirm the booking in due course. Muirfield's website also states that once a booking is confirmed it cannot be changed and no refunds will be given, so please be 100% sure about this before committing and paying!

Muirfield do not permit anyone with a handicap of more than 18 to play the course, I'm afraid.

So, who's up for it?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im very interested but im currently 0.4 on the wrong side of 18. I either need to get cut in the handicap review or convince them thats its a good idea to let me play!

Neillbro

Medal Winner
www.tynesidetartans.com
Morning,I to pIayed yesterday with Derek, muirfield is a unique experience I have wanted to play it since I was a boy and it truly was memorable.
If you can come and play, especially just before the open it would live with you forever. So please sign me up.

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive got clearance from Muirfield to play with my handicap slightly over. I just need to sort out my bribe for the ball and chain tonight and Iam in :)

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would likely be an early start for you guys travelling up from south of the border as we're potentially looking at tee times between 9 and 10am, depending on availability. Hope that doesn't put you off. :mmm:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would likely be an early start for you guys travelling up from south of the border as we're potentially looking at tee times between 9 and 10am, depending on availability. Hope that doesn't put you off. :mmm:

I was planning on driving up the Monday anyway and staying over so it wouldnt cause me a problem mate.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Myself and a couple of mates had planned to go in Nov but all the times went (so i'm told) within hours.

if this is not the case and you can still get times i would be interested

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Del,

I might be wrong but I think I'd be allowed to play the course but not come in for lunch!!? If that's the case I'd be up for it (even though that's a bit ridiculous) since I'd love to play there.

Heading off on holiday though so won't be on the forum much over the next fortnight but will try to check it at some point!

Cheers!

DelB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Karen.

The member we were with yesterday said that women were welcome in the clubhouse. I could check for you before you parted with your hard-earned, but you are certainly more than welcome to come along. :thup:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi Karen.

The member we were with yesterday said that women were welcome in the clubhouse. I could check for you before you parted with your hard-earned, but you are certainly more than welcome to come along. :thup:

Excellent news! Sign me up! If you PM bank details I can transfer cash..... Will def try to check the forum at an internet cafe or somewhere while I'm away.