Garmin S20 Approach Watch

Moff

Head Pro
Visit site
I have one and in all honesty not that impressed, score tracking more hassle than its worth. If you want easier interface I would go with a second hand skycaddie sg5.
Decent for front middle back plus hazards but much cheap available for same information.

Steve1821

Visit site
Fellow golfer said that Garmin measures shot distance by number of steps taken, surely this can't be correct as rarely do you walk directly to your ball, especially with a buggy. Any longer term user feedback?

fowlero

Hacker
Visit site
I have been using it for about 9 months or so now.

It is pretty good in terms of distances Front Middle & Back.
My only gripe is I smetimes forget to selcet which club I used after each shot, not a biggie, but it then doesn't show the distance and club in your post round (which is a great feature).

once you have finished a round open the garmin connect app on your phone and when it has synced the activity select view score
cards. this then shows you hole by hole how far you hit each club (as long as you remembered to select the club after each shot).
it also tracks number of fairways hit and green in regulation.

It is also pretty good to use for runnning, gives me all the basic stats I need.

The battery life only lasts for 18 holes, you might get an extra 9 holes at a push. The good thing is it charges really quickly I mean about 30-40mins and it's fully charged. I used one of thos power banks to charge it the couple of times I have played 36 holes and it was full by time I had my lunch and headed back out.

I would say if you struggle to see small screens, I wouldn't bother, it is fine for me, but my brother in law say its too small for him although he can only see the middle number on his S2.

Steve1821

Visit site
Thanks for updates, I have golfbuddy wt4 currently that gives good basic data, but was looking for more post round analysis. Tomtom 2 seems to struggle whereas S20 appears to be sorted.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Any more views on this, due £120 worth of vouchers from a recent win, and have a £10 AG birthday voucher,so may put £50 to it.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Any more views on this, due £120 worth of vouchers from a recent win, and have a £10 AG birthday voucher,so may put £50 to it.

I bought one fairly recently, took ages to decide which watch I wanted then plumped for the s20.

I turned the club tracking off, PITA, the move flag function is ok but I'm not sure about the accuracy. F/M/B is fine for what it is but the score tracking back to Garmin connect is a geek fest but if you miss a hole out when scoring then save at end of rounds you can't seem to edit in that hole, I like the watch but now seriously considering a bushnell laser.